How's the weather?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

All Texas area board members: how y'all doing? The bayous overflowed in parts of Houston; Meyerland got hit pretty bad. We got through it OK - the water filled our street but didn't reach the house. 8 inches of rain fell in 3 hours overnight.

We're just a few blocks away from the highest elevation point in the entire DFW Metroplex (or so I'm told), so we're in no danger of any major flooding, not like that. But we keep getting the rain, and the yards and fields seem to be in a perpetual state of runoff, down the alleys, out into the streets, into the gutters, and sooner or later, into the rivers and creeks.

And woe be unto the depressed area in yards and fields for they indeed have come to resemble rice paddies.

• 3 weeks later...

June gloom is in full swing in Los Angeles (the time of year where the marine layer from the ocean comes over land each morning so it's cloudy until the sun burns it off). After the very mild weather of the past month we are returning to more normal temps for the summer months, will be in the mid-80s all week, cloudy in the morning, sunny in the afternoon.

Hot.

Hotter.

Hottest.

And a drought ta boot.

June gloom is in full swing in Los Angeles (the time of year where the marine layer from the ocean comes over land each morning so it's cloudy until the sun burns it off). After the very mild weather of the past month we are returning to more normal temps for the summer months, will be in the mid-80s all week, cloudy in the morning, sunny in the afternoon.

I was just down there for the Playboy Jazz Festival at the Hollywood Bowl this last weekend.

TBH...the 80s are a Spring day for us. ^_^

Edited by TimMcG

• 3 weeks later...

I've been in Arizona since June 13th. It's been brutally hot with most days at or above 110. I guess you can say it is better today with a forecast high around 102.
I plan on heading back to NY sometime next week. My last two drives to and from have really sucked. All that severe weather from eastern New Mexico to Ohio in May was exhausting.