How's the weather?

Enjoyable but not great.

The first half was just his trio playing to a film set in southern Tunisia - 'Remparts D'Argile' - nice playing but unable to really take off because of the need to fit the film sequence. 1 hour and 25 minutes of this was a bit hard going. The recording of this music is much stronger.

The Strada Sextet were much more the business but I think we were all a bit tired by then. I don't find that Sextet or the Vivre CD nearly as affecting as his previous Azur Quintet or his trio with Louis Sclavis and Aldo Romano. The opener - 'Old Dehli' is wonderful (as it was at the concert) but I find the CD a bit disjointed after that.

'Mosaic Man' remains my favourite Texier - a very special disc - along with the two Texier/Sclavis/Romano CDs.

Back to the weather. Still dull. Must clean up the living room...

Edited by Bev Stapleton

Sunny and breezy.

Probably will hit the upper 70s today.

Now please forgive my ignorance, but is that Florida? And does it ever get cold?

Close, Arizona.

And no, it never does get cold here, at least not in Phoenix. This winter was very short and very mild not unlike last year.

We really only have two seasons, Summer and Spring. We will be well into summer temps here soon, 100+ for months straight.

Sunny and breezy.

Probably will hit the upper 70s today.

Now please forgive my ignorance, but is that Florida? And does it ever get cold?

Close, Arizona.

And no, it never does get cold here, at least not in Phoenix. This winter was very short and very mild not unlike last year.

We really only have two seasons, Summer and Spring. We will be well into summer temps here soon, 100+ for months straight.

Yeah close :D

Now I knew Phoenix was in Arizona, I did...honestly. But I'd never heard of Phoenix Beach; this is probably a sarcastic slight at how far you are from a beach, or is it a district around the city?

If it is the latter, how did it get that name?

• 3 weeks later...

Did I forget to mention we are under a pollution advisory? <_<

Yikes!

Actually, I recently found out about pollution in the Phoenix area. We have some friends who moved there close to two years ago. My wife sent her friend an email inquiring about the area. The message we received did the trick in turning my wife away from moving there. Yay! Her friend complained about the polution being really bad and that many people they know have respitory problems. :ph34r:

I'm happy for you that you're moving. :ph34r:

What is the Texas Panhandle?

Serious question.

I havn't a clue what a Panhandle is. Sounds like something used to organise cattle on the Great Plains!

Hi Bev,

When you use "panhandle" as a geographic term,

it refers to any long land protrusion of a US state.

Texas isn't the only state to have a "panhandle" -

about 8 states do - including two in West Virginia.

The name comes from the long handle that is on a

pan that you use to cook with on a stove.

The term "panhandle" can be used as a verb, too.

In this case, it refers to the method of approaching

strangers and begging for money.

What is the Texas Panhandle?

Serious question.

I havn't a clue what a Panhandle is. Sounds like something used to organise cattle on the Great Plains!

Hi Bev,

When you use "panhandle" as a geographic term,

it refers to any long land protrusion of a US state.

Texas isn't the only state to have a "panhandle" -

about 8 states do - including two in West Virginia.

The name comes from the long handle that is on a

pan that you use to cook with on a stove.

The term "panhandle" can be used as a verb, too.

In this case, it refers to the method of approaching

strangers and begging for money.

Thanks rotsasi,

Is it the bit south of San Antonio?