How's the weather?

Hot'n humid. Hot'n humid. Hot'n humid. Hot'n humid. (vamp til cue)

Probably not as bad as in some other places, but it's muggy as f*ck out here.

Guy

"Like trying to breathe underwater." Thus my sister.

That about covers it here, too.

Actually, today it felt more like I was around an indoor swimming pool. :bad:

31c (89F) today in Jerusalem, hotter than usual this time of year, which is 29C (84F), but the humidity is low as always (40-45%) so it's quite tolerable. Especially becasue of the constant light breeze and since it becomes much cooler at night.

Haifa and Tel Aviv, OTOH, are pure hell during July and August.

Guy

31c (89F) today in Jerusalem, hotter than usual this time of year, which is 29C (84F), but the humidity is low as always (40-45%) so it's quite tolerable. Especially becasue of the constant light breeze and since it becomes much cooler at night.

Haifa and Tel Aviv, OTOH, are pure hell during July and August.

Guy

That's why, among other reasons, we Jerusalemites won't trade places with those low-life Tel Avivians :P

BTW, DC in MUCH worse that Tel Aviv during August.

Somehow, we have avoided the real heat that the rest of the country has experienced, but damn is it huuummmmiiiiddd! (Where is the sweating smiley anyway?)

Now, we are going to be in the mid 90's the next week, and with it raining EVERY single afternoon(Today we must have gotten 2 inches) we will have to be about the most miserable place to live in the U.S.

I just got back from a fairly long bike ride (talking pedal bike here). Rode from my house to Jim's to feed the cats while Jim, Alison, and Zora are up north. Then from there I rode all the way into East Lansing, which is maybe 8 miles. Went to Barnes & Noble to look for a particular book, and browsed around for about half an hour. When I came back out just after 9 pm, I was dismayed to see it raining like crazy. :o But I figured there was no point in waiting for it to let up, since there was going to be standing water all along the route. I was plenty soaked when I got home.

Moral: check the weather reports before you leave the house!