How's the weather?

Anybody else in the NE get some crazy thunderstorms early this morning, c. 5:30 AM?  It's cool when they happen in the afternoon or evening, but sucks when they wake you up.

Guy

They were in South NJ yesterday, they kinda blew around us. All we got was rain.

It has been intensely hot in Michigan for the past week.  Right now the inside of my house is 87 degrees.  No, we don't have air conditioning.

I keep hoping it will rain, but there is not a raincloud in sight.

Wow. They (da Weather Channel) perdicted 81 or 82, it was 90 about an hour ago.

Hot and very sticky.

High of 37C and 29C in the middle of the night. Humidity around 60%.

It's just a rehearsal for July and August.

Tell me about it, apparently yesterday was the hottest June day on record in Tokyo. Probably not the best day to cycle to Disk Union in Ochanomizu all the way from Shinbashi at lunchtime. :(

• 3 weeks later...

Had a bit of rain the past couple of days, and keeping an eye on Hurrican Emilly. It's hot here, but not as hot as Tucson. Though we get that wonderful humidity, which makes it just as unpleasant...

path.emily.sun.1700.gif

If this thing heads on its northern-most projection, Corpus Christi may get the brunt of the storm, due to the counter-clockwise spin. I expect at least some wind & more rain either way. May have to high-tail it back up to Austin for a couple days this week.

We were crossing the Verrazano Bridge this afternoon around 3:00 PM, it was all foggy and very cool.  :tup

'Bout time. :)

Chuck, we've been cruising New York since last week. It looks like we settled on a place today. I won't give details until we know for sure on Monday, but it looks real good. :tup