Ever not check out a thread cuz it's too big???

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Far too late to jump in on that thing.

you're juist too girlie and scared

Scared of what?

Is there a pronunciation query going on in there somewhere?

among other things... There have been huge brawls over how to correctly pronounce the name of that Brötzelwötzel, whatsisname and all those Italians that pop up there all the time with their funny names are not friendly on the memory cells either. Off late we have been locking people up and have them listen to lots of Brötzelmensch, Ayler, and Kenny G, flipping between those unexpectedly and measuring reactions on a cellular level. big fun for the whole smelly rat family! ^_^

The Funny Rat thread for me as well. I have no idea what it's about and often feel like I may be missing out on something because it seems so popular but I just can't put forth the effort to read the thing.

I guess it should have an index ;)

Guest Chaney

It's alarming to hear that some folks are avoiding the Funny Rat thread due to its length.

For those interested, my suggestion would be to read the first and last few pages. We tend to bounce all over the place and things are pretty loose so no one ever really gets their bearings... as there's none to get!

One thing I like about the Rat thread is that, save for my posts, there's not much fat. It's also nice to read that some are being led down new musical paths because of the recommendations and enthusiam of the contributors.

ALL ARE WELCOME!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While I'm not a fan of RUSH, I started to read the thread as it looked entertaining but grew restless. I'll probably read it sometime over the weekend, pen in hand, making a RUSH Wish List. ^_^

Far too late to jump in on that thing.

you're juist too girlie and scared

Scared of what?

Is there a pronunciation query going on in there somewhere?

among other things... There have been huge brawls over how to correctly pronounce the name of that Brötzelwötzel, whatsisname and all those Italians that pop up there all the time with their funny names are not friendly on the memory cells either. Off late we have been locking people up and have them listen to lots of Brötzelmensch, Ayler, and Kenny G, flipping between those unexpectedly and measuring reactions on a cellular level. big fun for the whole smelly rat family! ^_^

Okay, let me check my calendar. I'll see if I can squeeze in a visit in the near future.

A thread that size has got to be good for a post or two, no? ;)

I do avoid threads that have gotten too long at times. I also DEFINITELY avoid threads like "Funny album covers" etc., but that's because I have dial up and don't feel like waiting four or five minutes for each page to load.

HOWEVER, avoiding the funny rat thread is avoiding one of the most important threads on this board in my opinion. I'm WAAAAAY behind on reading it; I've only read up to page 21 as I've tried to rein in my CD buying spree. However, when this buying slow down is over, I'll be right back there looking for more ideas. I keep a post-it note on my computer with the number of the last funny rat page I've read so I don't get confused, and keep a list of titles to check out. I've been exposed to jazz I would have never known existed if it hadn't been for this thread, and while I can't say I've enjoyed it all, I can say that I've enjoyed enough of it that I'll keep going back.

How I found my way into the Funny Rat thread: searching for "Tom Cora" (the late, great cellist). Haven't read the whole thing, but dip into it here and there.

Other long threads? Unless I've been following one as it grows, I've learned to avoid them out of what's probably the opposite of laziness: the vestiges of my work ethic and an appreciation for how much time they can suck away from things that I actually NEED to do...

Like couw, I'm not reading every article posted in Politics these days, either...

I’ve only read the “Funny Rat” thread once, back when it was still a mouse! (P’doom, KSSSHHH!) Not being a fan of the avant-garde, I’ve not read it since then, but the popularity of that thread, the fact that it’s still going strong after eight months and two-thousand-plus posts tells me that the avant-garde is alive and well; and as long as that’s true, jazz is still alive and well.

I tip my hat to you all. But I’m also gonna plug my ears, too! :g

... big fun for the whole smelly rat family!  ^_^

now who's smelly there, if not our resident cow? don't you dare! you will be banned from our rat asilum! (And I guess sort of an asylum it was when it started, but I think it's great that so many people did jump in at one point or another!)

EVERYONE IS WELCOME, INDEED! (except our cow or course :w )

ubu

Edited by king ubu