1966 GRAMMYS

Guest ariceffron

Guest ariceffron

I CANT BELIEVE GOOD VIBRATIONS/ELENOR RIGBY/MONDAY MONDAY ALL LOST TO.........

WINCHESTER CATHEDERAL?!?!??!?!??

IF I WAS THERE IN 1966 I WOULD HAVE TOOK OUT A MACHINE GUN AND KILLED EVERYONE IN THE SHRINE AUDITOURIUM

Guest ariceffron

maybe the b-boys but i doubt the beatles were in attendence. no, seriously, winchester cathederal is the gayest song of all time, and i cant belive it lost two masterpieces and one really really great song (monday monday). what in the holy hell. the only thing i can think of, which is probably a pretty acurate answer, is that the grammy board were a bunch of old conservatives!

Guest ariceffron

MELLOW YELLOW IS LIKE TALES FROM TOPOGRAPHIC OCEANS COMPARED 2 WINCHESTER CATHEDERAL.

I REMEMBER WHEN I WAS MOVING INTO MY NEW PLACE WE WERE IN MY FRIEND DOUGS 1986f150 AND PLAYING ON THE AM-ONLY RADIO OUT OF A CRACKED, TINY SPEAKER WAS WINCHESTER FUCKING CATHEDERAL AND I WANTED TO KILL MYSELF AND EVERYONE AROUND ME. THAT IS THE CHEESIEST SHIT EVER

Edited by ariceffron

"Winchester Cathedral" was one step above another "novelty" hit of the same year, Napoleon XIV's "They're Coming To Take Me Away, Ha-Haaa," which I remember getting about as much air-time as WC. Maybe "Napoleon XIV" was just Aric's assumed name, used when he wrote the song after hearing WC one too many times. :wacko:

Come to think of it, "They're Coming . . ." may just be the first Rap song. :rolleyes:

For those who want to stroll down memory lane, here's a sample.

"Winchester Cathedral" was one step above another "novelty" hit of the same year, Napoleon XIV's "They're Coming To Take Me Away, Ha-Haaa,"

Oh Nooooooooooo

The Napoleon thing was COOL!

Ever heard/seen the B-side? It's the A-side played backwards. They even spelled the song/artist info same-as-the-A-side-but-backwards on the label. True.

The New Vaudeville Band was a poor (VERY poor) and offshoot (somehow) of the most obvious "points" of the Bonzo Dog Band, one of the greatest bands you may or may not have ever heard of. LOVE the Bonzos, oh yes I do.