What vinyl are you spinning right now??

wolff

Primary

Giorgio Gaslini - La Stagione Incantata (Suite) [La Voce Del Padrone, Italy 1968]

Primary

Giorgio Gaslini Ensemble E Quartetto - Nuovi Sentimenti (New Feelings) Suite - [La Voce Del Padrone, Italy 1966]

• Replies 55.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, mjazzg said:

Giorgio Gaslini - La Stagione Incantata (Suite) [La Voce Del Padrone, Italy 1968]

Giorgio Gaslini Ensemble E Quartetto - Nuovi Sentimenti (New Feelings) Suite - [La Voce Del Padrone, Italy 1966]

I would be interested in hearing these.  I know him only through his score to Antonioni's La Notte.

12 minutes ago, Teasing the Korean said:

I would be interested in hearing these.  I know him only through his score to Antonioni's La Notte.

Both are very good indeed, I think you'd enjoy them.

Primary

GianluigiTrovesi - Baghet [Dischi Della Quercia, Italy 1978]

Primary

Santucci-Scoppa - On The Underground Road [dire, Italy 1978 RE]

1 hour ago, Teasing the Korean said:

Thanks.  I remembered I have one more, Un Amore.  I'll see if I can find online rips of those LPs.

Does the quartet get much exposure on that or is it predominantly the orchestra and chorus?

Edited by mjazzg

1 hour ago, mjazzg said:

Does the quartet get much exposure on that or is it predominantly the orchestra and chorus?

I will have to revisit.  I picked these up during an Italian/French soundtrack buying spree, and a lot of them run together.  I seem to recall at lease some jazz content.  I'll report back.

17 minutes ago, Teasing the Korean said:

I will have to revisit.  I picked these up during an Italian/French soundtrack buying spree, and a lot of them run together.  I seem to recall at lease some jazz content.  I'll report back.

Thank you, enjoy the revisit

30 minutes ago, clifford_thornton said:

never had the top one; Nuovi Sentimenti is an all-timer for me.

I like Trovesi, but don't have the one pictured. Just when I thought I was mostly done collecting records...

Who's ever truly done?

Now a bit different

Primary

Milt Bernhart Brass Ensemble - Modern Brass [RCA Victor, 1955 Mono]

7 hours ago, mjazzg said:

Thank you, enjoy the revisit

Of the 37-minute Un Amore album, about 15 minutes' worth is jazz, generally of a minimal, abstract variety, played by a quartet.  There are also a couple of pop tunes, some orchestral, and some minimal pieces with percussion, the latter of which may intersect with jazz interests.

7 hours ago, Teasing the Korean said:

Of the 37-minute Un Amore album, about 15 minutes' worth is jazz, generally of a minimal, abstract variety, played by a quartet.  There are also a couple of pop tunes, some orchestral, and some minimal pieces with percussion, the latter of which may intersect with jazz interests.

Thank you TTK, certainly sounds like I should hear it

19 hours ago, Teasing the Korean said:

I also think I never heard him, but is it possible that somewhere I read that he was deeply influenced by Thelonious Monk ? That might be great.....

3 hours ago, HutchFan said:

Mi5qcGVn.jpeg

Oh this is a nice cover foto of those little animals we called „ștrumfii” in our childhood. From the instruments I guess it is trumpet, piano, fender-bass and drums, is it ? 

As little as I understood Mr. Corea´s affinity to that kind of sectă where they take your money and so, as much I dug his music. 
During the first half of the 70´s of course there was RTF, but as early then I must admit that from the two Ex-Miles-Keaboardists electric groups I preferred the Herbie Hancock "Headhunters" which I found more "black" and more "funky" . But Chick Corea was a helluva musician, as much electric as acoustic.....

8 hours ago, Gheorghe said:

Oh this is a nice cover foto of those little animals we called „ștrumfii” in our childhood. From the instruments I guess it is trumpet, piano, fender-bass and drums, is it ? 

In English, they're SMURFs.  :)

The instrumentation is actually Chick Corea (el-p, p), Joe Farrell (saxes & fl), Eddie Gomez (b), and Steve Gadd (d).

I like the record. It's nothing earth-shattering, but -- like the title implies -- it's a relaxed, enjoyable session.  

Giving this another spin:

OC5qcGVn.jpeg

Association P.C. - Erna Morena (MPS, 1973)

This band was led by drummer Pierre Courbois, but -- for this listener -- Jasper van 't Hof is the hero of this album. 

EDIT:
And here's the other sleeve photo by Jochen Mönch that @soulpope mentioned previously:

MS5qcGVn.jpeg

Edited by HutchFan

13 minutes ago, HutchFan said:

Giving this another spin:

OC5qcGVn.jpeg

Association P.C. - Erna Morena (MPS, 1973)

This band was led by drummer Pierre Courbois, but -- for this listener -- Jasper van 't Hof is the hero of this album. 

EDIT:
And here's the other sleeve photo by Jochen Mönch that @soulpope mentioned previously:

MS5qcGVn.jpeg

🧐👍 ....

Next up:

OS03OTI5LmpwZWc.jpeg

The Alegre All-Stars - Way Out, Vol. IV (Alegre, 1965)

This just arrived in the mail yesterday.  Holy mackerel, it sounds GOOD -- both musically and AQ-wise.  The album has been well-loved; it's in far-from-perfect condition.  But the music just LEAPS out of the speakers.  :D

18 minutes ago, Pim said:

IMG-7526.jpg

:tup ❤️ :tup

19 minutes ago, soulpope said:

Excellent .... btw to me Richard Davis is co-star here, his solo on the title track is nothing short of mesmerizing ....

Definitely!