• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a Japanese Toshiba LP pressing of The Golden Eight. Excellent album. Need to dig it out again. (been a while since I was on a CBBB kick, though when it's a kick, it's heavy...)

Yes, it came out on Toshiba (I have it somewhere upstairs). Don't think that King ever did that one. Schema/Rearward have done the 'companion' album to that - must get hold of it !

1958_tlp_1030.jpg

Music and Song of Italy (Tradition). Alan Lomax recordings from 1954. Practically everything Lomax recorded is worth hearing. The music from his Italian trip is raw, varied, and moving. I wouldn't recognize much of it as Italian if I heard it "sight unseen."

This again. I was just typing the phrase "Practically everything Lomax recorded is worth hearing" when I saw that I had already said that back in December.

George Russell Sextet in K.C. (Decca). Actually they are in New York. Nice session with Dave Baker, Don Ellis and Dave Young.

Krystall Klear and the Buells, Ready for the 90's. Marty Krystall and Buell Neidlinger with Warren Gale and Billy Higgins. Excellent date. Includes a stray track with Cecil Taylor from the 60s.

George Russell Sextet in K.C. (Decca). Actually they are in New York. Nice session with Dave Baker, Don Ellis and Dave Young.

I really like Baker's playing on "Jazz in the Space Age" but have not heard anything else. Recommendations?

George Russell Sextet 'Ezz-thetics' (Riverside) would be my immediate recommendation for great playing by Baker, particularly on the title track.