Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Rabshakeh said:

Every year the Phineas or every year the Talisker?

The Talisker. Every year one glass. It was a gift from my father in law and it’s in a price class I that I would not buy a drink in. It’s something special and still enough left in the bottle for next year 😁 have the same thing with the Westvleteren beer which I only drink on special occasions.

Phineas is more a monthly thing I guess 😎

13 hours ago, Pim said:

The Talisker. Every year one glass. It was a gift from my father in law and it’s in a price class I that I would not buy a drink in. It’s something special and still enough left in the bottle for next year 😁 have the same thing with the Westvleteren beer which I only drink on special occasions.

As someone with a habit, I can say that no whisky tastes better than the way you're consuming it.

On 12/23/2023 at 6:54 AM, Pim said:

It's funny you mention Westvleteren... Since this summer their beer is available at some shops in the Netherlands (Mitra) legally for a reasonable price (4.80 or so)... Meaning, at least, that some competitors (Pannepot for instance) are now pricier and harder to find... I've now given Westvleteren as a present two or three times, had one or two myself... But still find it hard to accept that they've decided to transition to becoming an ordinary special beer 

IMG-5359.jpg

8 minutes ago, Niko said:

It's funny you mention Westvleteren... Since this summer their beer is available at some shops in the Netherlands (Mitra) legally for a reasonable price (4.80 or so)... Meaning, at least, that some competitors (Pannepot for instance) are now pricier and harder to find... I've now given Westvleteren as a present two or three times, had one or two myself... But still find it hard to accept that they've decided to transition to becoming an ordinary special beer 

Fully agree. The fact that it was so hard to obtain was part of its charm.

12 minutes ago, Pim said:

IMG-5359.jpg

Fully agree. The fact that it was so hard to obtain was part of its charm.

Are we taking beer or LPs? 😄 It makes me want to try the beer at least

Just did a search, UK price is £20 for 330ml, is it really that good?

Edited by mjazzg

IMG-5361.jpg

7 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

Haha well with Spanish Bitch it counts for both the beer as the vinyl! They are both highly recommended. If you’re ever stuck in the Amsterdam area I will treat you on both

3 hours ago, mjazzg said:

Just did a search, UK price is £20 for 330ml, is it really that good?

It's an awesome beer - but then so are probably many in the 5-10 range you haven't tried... In that style, Rochefort 10 is a more affordable classic and at the top end I recommend e.g. beers from Struise like the Pannepot and the St Amatus

https://thehoptimist.co.uk/product/pannepot-old-fishermans-ale-de-struise-brouwers/

3 hours ago, Niko said:

It's an awesome beer - but then so are probably many in the 5-10 range you haven't tried... In that style, Rochefort 10 is a more affordable classic and at the top end I recommend e.g. beers from Struise like the Pannepot and the St Amatus

https://thehoptimist.co.uk/product/pannepot-old-fishermans-ale-de-struise-brouwers/

Thanks Niko. I may have to put an order together

4 minutes ago, Gheorghe said:

I have a similar Roach LP, also on Denon I think, they were very expensive. Mine is Live in Amsterdam and had the same personnel I saw live during that period: Cecil Bridgewater, Reggie Workman and Billy Harper. 

On Baystate Records from 1979 .... outstanding music .... 

14 hours ago, jazzcorner said:

Have that Amsterdam vinyl too. Excellent!

Featuring Billy Harper.

46432365ss.jpg

Yes, that´s it. 

At Kongresshouse they performed those two tunes, a bit of drum solo feature (Mr. Hi Hat and The Drum also waltzes" plus a fierce version of Round Midnite. 
Once thing I remember: The night before, Max Roach who already had arrived came down to Jazzland to hear and greet Art Farmer who performed. The next day, when it was Max Roach´s concert, Farmer was in the audience and greeted by Roach from the stage......