• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, soulpope said:

A good deed ....

👍

Various - American Popular Song - Smithsonian box set (Columbia) 

My cat left the room and found another place to sleep when this one started.  Maybe he doesn't like the lo-fi recordings on disc 1.

Edited by Teasing the Korean

38 minutes ago, jazzcorner said:

SeaBreeze Jazz SB 2033 - Mark Masters' Jazz Composers Orchestra "Silver Threads Among The Blues" - rec. 1985 & 1986 - Engineer: Jim Mooney

47265893ei.jpg

47265892hb.jpg

47265894ck.jpg

Wonder if they need permission to use those Edward Hopper images. Saw a different one on another Masters album.

Edited by jlhoots

39 minutes ago, jlhoots said:

Wonder if they need permission to use those Edward Hopper images. Saw a different one on another Masters album.

Can you remember which album that was? There are not too many around.

On my album however credit is given to Edward Hopper's  painting and the source where the painting  is housed at the moment: The Metropole Museum of Art / George A. Hearn Fund. 1953. So it seems the record company has a kind of license to use it.

Probably this one you have seen?

0054987414329.webp

Edited by jazzcorner
typo

John Coltrane “Crescent” Impulse! – IMP-200 1997 limited edition reissue

Been futzing with my Vinyl and moved it from running into the DSD DAC via HDMI to balanced analog out from the phono preamp into the ZBIT and into the SEWE300B (all Decware components except the PS Audio NuWave Phono Converter). Sounds very similar actually, but this removdes the ZROCK2 from the chain and it could use a bit of its help, or more than a bit. I have a ZROCK3 on order that will give me an extra ZROCK. . . I’m about #58 on the “accelerated list.”

Edited by jazzbo

4 hours ago, jazzcorner said:

Can you remember which album that was? There are not too many around.

On my album however credit is given to Edward Hopper's  painting and the source where the painting  is housed at the moment: The Metropole Museum of Art / George A. Hearn Fund. 1953. So it seems the record company has a kind of license to use it.

Probably this one you have seen?

0054987414329.webp

I couldn't figure out how to post it.

image.png.65c371792c8fd6d74c8a309b9505c597.png

4 minutes ago, jlhoots said:

I couldn't figure out how to post it.

image.png.65c371792c8fd6d74c8a309b9505c597.png

Here it is - I think.

On 3/14/2024 at 7:53 PM, optatio said:

Stan Getz Special front (Copy).jpg

Stan Getz Special back (Copy).jpg

Stan Getz In Quartet Feat. Scott LaFaro / Roy Haynes – Stan Getz Special - Vol. 1 [1982]

Roy Haynes on side two

👍 :D

Looks like a rare Item. Getz is the 'most collected' artist in my collection. But you cant have everything

5 minutes ago, soulpope said:

👌excellent👌 .....

No surprise there.  It's got "your guy" on bass: George Duvivier.  

Actually, I love Duvivier too.  I just think you were the one who made me sit up & listen to him carefully.  :)

2 minutes ago, HutchFan said:

No surprise there.  It's got "your guy" on bass: George Duvivier.  

Actually, I love Duvivier too.  I just think you were the one who made me sit up & listen to him carefully.  :)

🤓👍🤓 ....

I spent some time over this weekend to reconfigure my LP playback. Rather than sending the output from my phono preamp in DSD format to my DAC, I am using the balanced analog output of the phono preamp into a ZBIT and from there single-eneded out to the second input of the SEWE300B. This means I no longer have remote volume or balance control, nor does the path go through a ZROCK2 into the SEWE300B.

Overall really good sound–just lacking a little bit of “oomph” to lower midrange and bass that a ZROCK2 would provide. (I have a ZROCK3 on order to remedy this situation).

Listened to one of my favorite LPs bought in the mid-seventies, Flora Purim “500 Miles High–Live at the Montreux Jazz Festival.” Wow. I love this music, this recording, and the history I have with it.

Now listening to Bob Dylan Bootleg Series Vol. 10, “Another Self Portrait” LP 1. Sounds quite good. . . just wish it has a bit more bass.

a165ef1223890c5ffd1a0fdc6b6abacb0003048c

Mi04MDMwLmpwZWc.jpeg

Humphrey Lyttelton And His Band – Jazz At The Royal Festival Hall

BillF's first jazz album purchase iirc (not this copy though, I have some of his CDs but I guess the LP collection went earlier)