• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The tapes sent to the pressing plant were in manual order and the plant labeled them as automatic order. When presented with the rather large economic problem of recalling all the boxes and repressing the records, I was told Anthony decided the new sequence was interesting and should stand.

Here is the note included in my promo copy:

-sorry my file is too large - it says:

Discs are labelled all wrong!

Record one is 1 / 4 not 1 / 2

Record two is 2 / 5 not 3 / 4

Record three is 3 / 6 not 5 / 6

I have to print your post and include it in the Braxton box. Interesting! I need to give the new and old sequences a test run. BTW, isn't this in the Mosaic Braxton box? I assume the correct order was used there? (I don't have it handy).

Haven't seen it myself but heard the original "manufactured" order was repeated.

Almost certainly. iirc there was no note about this in the booklet, which there would have been had it been corrected.

The only thing that could follow the JOOKLOs:

The-Thing-Boot-260x258.jpg

The Thing: Mats Gustafsson, sax, Ingebrigt HÃ¥ker Flaten, bass, and Paal Nilssen-Love, drums. Loud, raw, exciting.

I've recently got Mono, how does this compare ? I guess pretty similar only in stereo. :) Saw these guys live quite a number of years ago and loved them.

The only thing that could follow the JOOKLOs:

The-Thing-Boot-260x258.jpg

The Thing: Mats Gustafsson, sax, Ingebrigt HÃ¥ker Flaten, bass, and Paal Nilssen-Love, drums. Loud, raw, exciting.

I've recently got Mono, how does this compare ? I guess pretty similar only in stereo. :) Saw these guys live quite a number of years ago and loved them.

I think this is even more intense and butt-kicking than MONO (which I like too). Play it loud! LOL

duets with percussionist George Cross McDonald. Wonderful

bleyTouchingFontana.jpg

Is that one you got from that shop we discussed? Very nice! This might be even lesser seen than most of the others.

That's the one. I was walking out the door empty handed when I glanced up at the wall display....hey presto.

I picked up the Rufus, Jazz Comp Orch and the Ted Curson at the same time. I left very pleased it was raining heavily had been the only reason I sought out the shop in the first instance!

duets with percussionist George Cross McDonald. Wonderful

bleyTouchingFontana.jpg

Is that one you got from that shop we discussed? Very nice! This might be even lesser seen than most of the others.

That's the one. I was walking out the door empty handed when I glanced up at the wall display....hey presto.

I picked up the Rufus, Jazz Comp Orch and the Ted Curson at the same time. I left very pleased it was raining heavily had been the only reason I sought out the shop in the first instance!

Sounds like a great find. I'm slumming it with a different Fontana edition of Touching but do have Tears For Dolphy in this series