What vinyl are you spinning right now??

wolff

Marzette Watts - Ensemble - (Savoy)

Very nice!

I paid a few limbs for a stone mint copy of this some years ago and do not regret it at all...

Mine is pretty clean but the pressing is far from dead silent. It's a real strong document of the period, even if part of me wishes that Bill had been able to commercially release more of his own work (rather than producing his students' sessions) during those years.

• Replies 55.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

liebma_davi_sweethand_101b.jpg

SWEET HANDS - David Liebman, Richie Beirach, Frank Tusa, Badal Roy, John Abercrombie, et al.

Liebman strikes me as a very interesting person and musician. Candid too. Always the hippest guy in the room, that has led to some fine work--and some ephemera.

Figure+%26+Spiritsmall.jpg

FIGURE AND SPIRIT - Lee Konitz Quintet: Konitz (as, ss), Rufus Reid (b), Ted Brown (ts), Joe Chambers (d), Albert Dailey (p). Progressive Records (really a misnomer since most of its releases are quite conventional). I like early Konitz, but so much of the later stuff is MEH.

FIGURE AND SPIRIT - Lee Konitz Quintet: Konitz (as, ss), Rufus Reid (b), Ted Brown (ts), Joe Chambers (d), Albert Dailey (p). Progressive Records (really a misnomer since most of its releases are quite conventional). I like early Konitz, but so much of the later stuff is MEH.

MEH? NAH.

This is a good one.

MEH? NAH.

This is a good one.

Not bad but I just don't love it. I've tried it several times - still meh.

'Charlie Parker Memorial Album' (UK Vogue). This was critic Ray Horrick's copy and it has sleeve notes by Ray and several other UK critics on the back, inside and insert.

Charlie+Parker+-+Memorial+Album+-+LP+REC

Quite a possession! In my youth I read Horricks' book on Basie, as well as the one on modern jazz, co-authored with Alun Morgan.

474068841_tp.jpg1400271586SPC_1.jpg