• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Clifford Thornton - Freedom & Unity - (Third World original) great '67 session with Karl Berger, Joe McPhee, Jimmy Garrison, Don Moore, and the brothers Edward and Harold Avent. Too bad this copy is so ratty (most copies I've run into are beat to shit)... if anybody wants to unload an M-, I'd be glad to oblige!

Ornette Coleman - In Europe, volume 2 - (Polydor Freedom gatefold) second half of the watershed London trio concert, which sounds great even though from what I've read, the concert sounded like a snowball-effect of headaches. I do really like these Polydor Freedom series LPs - much nicer sound and presentation than their American counterparts.

John Lewis/Bill Perkins 'Grand Encounter' (King World Pacific)

Got the Vogue (UK) version of this date very recently. A bit of surface noise doesn't detract from a very solid performance and oustanding sound for the period. Very nice.

Fletcher Henderson - The Indispensible- RCA 2LP- , great sound, listening right now to Shoe shine boy and others featuring Eldridge and Chu Berry.

The Complete Lionel Hampton 1937-1941 (RCA Bluebird) - 9/5/37, 1/18/38, 7/21/38, 10/11/38 sessions

Wish I still had that set. :(

I listened to this once when I got it, and it's been just sitting there ever since. I retired from my job two weeks ago (though my wife has plenty of ideas to fill up my "free time"), so I have more time to listen these days, and this was just waiting to be listened to again. I'd forgotten how good this music is, and how many great musicians played on these Hamp sessions.

I retired from my job two weeks ago (though my wife has plenty of ideas to fill up my "free time"), so I have more time to listen these days, and this was just waiting to be listened to again.

Paul, congratulations and welcome to the retirees club!

I have a one-year lead on you and informatively my wife has about given up on 'her' ideas of filling my free time...

Now spinning!

Nathan Davis 'London By Night' (DIW/Mole Japan)

with Dusko Goykovich, Kenny Drew, Jimmy Woode, Al Levitt

I retired from my job two weeks ago (though my wife has plenty of ideas to fill up my "free time"), so I have more time to listen these days, and this was just waiting to be listened to again.

I have a one-year lead on you and informatively my wife has about given up on 'her' ideas of filling my free time...

Now spinning!

Thanks for the congrats, brownie. I hope that my wife will give up eventually, too.

Earlier this morning:

Mal Waldron Trio: Mal 4 (Prestige/New Jazz/ Victor - Japan)

Now spinning!

Thanks for the congrats, brownie. I hope that my wife will give up eventually, too.

Earlier this morning:

Mal Waldron Trio: Mal 4 (Prestige/New Jazz/ Victor - Japan)

My wife has, too. Hur hur. All I need to do is avoid irritating her with it.

MG