• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I started with J. Coltrane and J. Hartmann, but I layed it down after a couple of songs. Is anybody out there that actually LOVES jazz male singers?

Then Bill Connors's Theme to the gaurdian, Ecm, great guitar playing...and damn boring

So after the side 1 I gave a spin of a forgotten record: Ry Cooder's soundtrack of 'The Long Riders' and, you know, I liked it so I am putting on another Ry Cooder's record. I'll have to choose one.

I started with J. Coltrane and J. Hartmann, but I layed it down after a couple of songs. Is anybody out there that actually LOVES jazz male singers?

Then Bill Connors's Theme to the gaurdian, Ecm, great guitar playing...and damn boring

So after the side 1 I gave a spin of a forgotten record: Ry Cooder's soundtrack of 'The Long Riders' and, you know, I liked it so I am putting on another Ry Cooder's record. I'll have to choose one.

i've always been quite disppointed with Ry Cooder. I had many of his records (bop till, the long riders, its first one, jazz , crossroads) but no one them is 100 % interesting. Always the laid back temptation. So my conclusion is that the best Ry Cooder's album are : Paris Texas and John Hiatt's "Bring the Family" really a FABULOUS record, somewhat forgotten. (issued in 1987)

Not as a breed; but I love Ernie Andrews and Milt Jackson. And Oscar Brown Jr, Joe Carroll, Louis Armstrong, Ray Charles are also well played around these parts.

MG

Not as a breed; but I love Ernie Andrews and Milt Jackson. And Oscar Brown Jr, Joe Carroll, Louis Armstrong, Ray Charles are also well played around these parts.

MG

I was joking, I like Leon Thomas.

Hey, Clifford Thornton...

Yeah, SKIZOKE iz a muther!!!

DIG.

HB

There's something about Butch Morris--Butch the arranger/conductor, of course, but also Butch the cornetist--that brought out something really special in Frank Lowe. I think it's on their recordings together that I really, truly grapsed what a phenomenal melodist Lowe was.

Will be spinning Blue Notes for Mongezi in the near future...

Question--and someone here should know (clifford?). What do y'all think about the post-Feza Brotherhood of Breath albums (have only heard a few). I'm really interested in Procession for the presence of Dyani, although Yes Please (high up on the list)--with John Tchicai in a post-Blue Notes BoB configuration--has me interested. I've also heard that Brotherhood will be getting a (CD) reissue on Feb. 26th, for those interested.