What vinyl are you spinning right now??

wolff

Roland Kirk with Jack McDuff 'Kirk's Work' (Prestige, yellow label)

Great minds think alike ! Just spinning 'Slightly Latin', this time the UK Mercury pressing in the 'Limelight Series'. In stereo too - first time I've heard this version (great). The Limelight LP I have is in mono and I'm pretty sure that the version on the Kirk Mercury set is also mono. Lost master?

• Replies 55.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lucky is a true cosmopolite. He has been everywhere, has seen and done just about everything, and knows everybody. He has a suave, sophisticated, polished and international demeanor. His adventures may involve anyone from a bowery bum to a deposed king. He's a mystery man, intriguing to women, admired and envied by men.

Joe Harriott - Jazz for moderns ( Gearbox) ex BBC 1962 - heavy vinyl sounding very good. Anyone have their Tubby Hayes release ?

edit to add that this a 45 rpm 12 inch with 4 tracks, about 12 minutes in total but with the classic line up of Harriott and Shake Keane

JHQ%20Jazz%20for%20Moderns%20COVER.jpg

still spinning this , it's really good and the sound is superb, slightly more mainstream compared to Freeform and Abstract, I've ordered the Tubby session too, given its limited edition status I guess if I wait for a review it won't be available

Donald Byrd - Blackjack - BN, unknown recent reissue.

Scorpio pressing? How does it sound?

Was eyeing up a 'Mr Shing-a-Ling' from same source this afternoon and came near to trying it out.

I picked it at the shop, in the DJ bins, brand new, at normal price, (for DJ records) five or six years ago I think. No idea how to identify the pressing.

The vinyl is ok, the sound not really, quite lifeless, compared to the originals of the same era, like 'Slow Drag' I am listen to right now.

edit: I was listen to BLACKBYRD, not BLACKJACK wich I have in a nice Liberty dress. Sorry.

Edited by porcy62