Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some Haydn, some Tchaikovsky.

Reading all of Porcy's posts about listening to classical music, I have this romantic image of Porcy, based on watching lots of 1960s European films.

I imagine that he lives in this totally modular white apartment in a Mondrian-looking building in Rome. There are all of these white modular bookshelves filled with books on modern art and leftist politics. He puts a Haydn LP - preferably on the Philips label - on a big, thick-based turntable and plays it through his tube amp.

Then, he kicks back in his Eames recliner, on a flokati rug, with an arco lamp hanging over. On one side, there is a glass-and-metal Bauhaus end table holding a bottle of Sherry, and on the other side, a potted plant, preferably a monstera deliciosa...

Some Haydn, some Tchaikovsky.

Reading all of Porcy's posts about listening to classical music, I have this romantic image of Porcy, based on watching lots of 1960s European films.

I imagine that he lives in this totally modular white apartment in a Mondrian-looking building in Rome. There are all of these white modular bookshelves filled with books on modern art and leftist politics. He puts a Haydn LP - preferably on the Philips label - on a big, thick-based turntable and plays it through his tube amp.

Then, he kicks back in his Eames recliner, on a flokati rug, with an arco lamp hanging over. On one side, there is a glass-and-metal Bauhaus end table holding a bottle of Sherry, and on the other side, a potted plant, preferably a monstera deliciosa...

I will not the one that will contradict you, considering that I like the picture:

My telephone is ringing, a brief conversation and I take the sigarettes and the dunhill lighter from the table, wear my reefer of brown leather, check out the 7.65 Beretta and go out.

My Alfa Romeo Giulietta 1600 is waiting in front of the building.

now spinning:

Lalo Schifrin - Sade - Verve, stereo.

Beautiful.

I'm trying to imagine if Ursula Andress or Edwich Fenech is behind the wheel waiting for you.

Now playing:

Various - Jingle Bell Jazz - Columbia (80s pressing, stereo)

This is the version where they ditch the godawful dixieland track and replace it with "Deck the Halls" by Jack Ackerman (from the Cassavetes film "Faces").

V/A - Electronic Music Vol.5 (Turnabout)

Music from the Dartmouth International Electronic Music Competitions 1969 and 1970.

V/A - Electronic Music from the University of Illinois (Heliodor) Released in 1967.

JH, feel free to share your thoughts on these albums here:

http://www.organissimo.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=49118

Already spun today:

Anthony Braxton/Gino Robair - Duets 1987 (Rastascan)

Anthony Braxton - Six Duets (1982) w/John Lindberg (CECMA)

Lined up to spin for breakfast:

Count Basie - On the Road (Pablo, red vinyl)

Han Bennink/Willem Breuker - The New Acoustic Swing Duo in Japan 1984 (Jazz & Now)

Jazz on vinyl is the best.