Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hooray_forJohn_Coltrane_and_Gene_Ammons.jpg

side B Gene Ammons/King Kolax/George Freeman et al sextet/ chicago TV b'cast 1970

Bleedin' 'ell, Chewy, I am salivating all over my t-shirt!

Are there any more where you got that one?

tumblr_mbyeqgq4Zg1r3cxcoo1_1280.png

Jimmy Forrest - Out of the Forrest - Prestige (Abbey records DG test pressing, RVG printed in deadwax, not signed off for production, but plays fine :) )

MG

daaaaaaam. did u find that on the hunt, or on the ebay. is it a different mix than the production version?

I got it at Mole Jazz in 1983, amazingly enough. Soul Jazz was not well enough thought of in those days for it to be expensive. It's the only copy I've ever had of this, so I don't know if it's the same as or different to others. It has the usual Prestige matrix numbers in the dead wax, however. Perhaps someone knows whether several test pressings were done of each LP for Prestige. Christiern?

MG

Tor Lundvall - The Shipyard (Dais) Number 24 out of 500 pressed. Dark ambient sounds that is very relaxing for me.

disc_shipyard.jpg

Someone posted a few tracks on youtube:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/y72Z8nCR3jU?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KiVGgNaR6Tw?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>