Which Mosaic Are You Enjoying Right Now?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have been lying in bed since Sunday, went - for the very first time - through discs 1 to 17 of the Ducal RCA box. Right now: the Bud Freeman sessions on Disc 4 of the Capitol Mosaic, before that the whole disc 1 of the same set. Will stay with it for a while listening to some select sessions, some still are new to me.

ubu

Columbia Small Group Swing Sessions, Disc 3--so far, on first listen in order from the beginning, this is my favorite disc (first 2 discs have Ruby Braff as leader). Listening right now to Buck Clayton with the Marlowe Morris Trio (organ, guitar, drums)--really swings. :tup:w

Columbia Small Group Swing Sessions, Disc 7--Herb Ellis. :tup

Guess which disc is next. :blink:

You're going back to number 4? :blink:

Good catch! :D But wrong guess. :( For some reason, I posted in the general "What are you listening to right now" thread when I was listening to Disc 4. Next up is the last but not least Disc 8.

Incidentally, the Herb Ellis-led sessions I'm listening to now on Disc 7 are outstanding. This may end up being my favorite disc in this set. :tup