Which Mosaic Are You Enjoying Right Now?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Four Freshmen set, disk 3. This set has exceeded all expectations so far, gets my award for 'most under-rated Mosaic', I think. Full of fine harmonies and some wonderful West Coast backing groups (liberal doses of Milt Bernhart trombone, for example). Another winner ! .... and Malcolm Addey re-mastering. :wub:

Edited by sidewinder

:lol::lol:

Nah, I think "tranemonk" beat me to it this time

and he has a lower number (if that really means anything).

Been out of the house all morning and it was on the doorstep

when I got home.

Also, I was gonna mention that it's so new

that it wasn't even listed in the CDDB.

I have to put the titles in myself.

Edited by rostasi

Mrs. vibes bought it for my birthday.

Mrs. Vibes appears to be extremely hip. You behave yourself and hang on to that fine woman! :g (not that I'm telling you anything you don't already know!)

You should bring home some flowers for no particular reason (or something to that effect).

She resisted buying me music for a while, but she finally realized that music is about the only gift I want (until she can afford to buy me that Ferrari I've been wanting :rolleyes: ), so she doesn't hassle me about it any more. She bought me the Bill Evans "Turn Out The Stars" box and the Johnny Hodges and Cooper/Holman/Rosolino Mosaics last year, as well as some hi-rez Bill Evans and Frank Sinatra stuff. She also bought me a couple of those Blue Note t-shirts last year, and it made her really happy that I wear them all the time, so she bought me a couple more this year. Even though she's not really a jazz fan (she does enjoy a few artists, like Bill Evans and Vince Guaraldi), I've purchased a couple of those t-shirts for her, too (Tender Moments and Brown Sugar--she has dark hair and skin and my last name is Brown, so there's a bit of a double entendre there), and she loves them. In any case, yeah, it's nice to be married to someone who will support the habit a little bit. :tup

In any case, yeah, it's nice to be married to someone who will support the habit a little bit.  :tup

WORD!

She also bought me a couple of those Blue Note t-shirts last year, and it made her really happy that I wear them all the time, so she bought me a couple more this year.

I wish to hell they made those in "mutant" sizes. That's what I'd need. Not huge, but definitely bigger than what they offer.