What is your preferred music genre ...

Claude

What music do you listen to most besides jazz?  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Definitions:

- "Classical" includes everything in the genre, from medieval to avant garde, and opera

- "Pop/Rock" also includes popular music styles often listed seperately, like Rap or Country

- "Folklore/World" means traditional music from other cultures and it's derivatives

My vote goes to classical, which currently fills 30% of my listening time.

Edited by Claude

voted for Pop/Rock, but about 1,5years ago it was a 50/50 split, now ... very much less than 20% Rockmusic (but even there lot of stuff that shows some Jazzy roots) as even in my car its mainly Jazz now....

classic... rather seldom....

cheers, Tjobbe

What BOSSA NOVA is not a category of its own? :o

I find that I can't really fit the music that I listen to outside of jazz into a category like that. . . except blues artists, and Hendrix and the Dead (I confess I'm listening more and more to the Dead) . . . I mean where do Ed Motta and Sade fit in? To call either "pop" really doesn't seem right to me.

Edited by jazzbo

Voted for pop/rock since I still do listen to a lot more of it relative to other genres outside jazz. Within pop/rock, its Motown, Beatles and psychedelic rock. However, most of the genres have dominated my listening time from period to period in the past, including electronic and metal (whot, no separate category for this?).