Choose your favorite Conn

Choose your favorite Conn from this final list  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Figured by now everyone has voted. I took the highest vote getters judging by total votes (Sonny's Crib-9, etc) and am now placing them in the final poll to determine the big winner!

Please note that there were four cds which had 4 votes, and I had to kick one of them out in order to meet the limit of 10 for the poll. The four were: Byrd/Watkins, TRANSITION SESSIONS; Wayne Shorter, ETCETERA, Larry Young, INTO SOMETHING; and Hank Mobley, STRAIGHT NO FILTER. Since Mobley's SLICE made it to the final, I felt that SNFilter would be the logical one to be kicked out. What else could I do?

Our board members seem to have a love affair with Tina Brooks. He has three cds in the final. TRUE BLUE and SONNY'S CRIB had the most votes in the preliminary rounds with 9 each.

This is it, everyone. The big final. Big Ben says.....VOTE!! :bwallace:

Glad to see I'm not the only fan of "The Transition Sessions"! As much as I love the other finalists (hard to not choose True Blue) the Transition Sessions has it all:

Great Music

Great Sound

Rare Tracks (2 discs worth)

Byrd, Watkins, Silver, Joe Gordon, Burrell, Blakey, Taylor and a guy named Mobley (all at their early best)

This one has become my all-time favorite Conn!

:P