The Beatles Tontine

Who will be the last Beatle left alive?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

:huh: Yes, apparently Purdie has claimed he played on 21 Beatles tracks, and also tracks by the Monkees and the Animals. He's also claimed "Ringo didn't ever play on any of the shit, not in the early days". . . . :huh:

The established wisdom seems to be that he overdubbed some drums on Tony Sheridan tracks. . . but I'm far from an expert (or very interested).

If Purdie says he played on the Tony Sheridan tracks, then he replaced Pete Best's drums no Ringo's. I voted for Ringo because the least important member will survive...i don't know, just because, I guess. And where's Alan White who played on a version of Love Me Do??? In 2 years everyone will play When I'm 64 when McCartney turns 64. They probably did this year as Ringo turned 64 this month. But enough about me...

By the way, I voted for Paul. I like him the least, I find him more annoying than Yoko, and so of course he'll live the longest.

You've got a good point there, but I voted for Ringo. Least important, etc., and I kind of HOPE he lives longer than Paul.

I agree with you about Ringo's drumming, too. But, much as I like to dump on Paul, he played some of the best rock'n'roll bass of the 60's.