New Anita Baker on Blue Note

JSngry

This is odd...My original post has been lost, butthe thread remains. :blink::blink::blink:

Anyway, for an album that's not yet been released, it sure seems that everybody's heard it and loves it:

http://www.bluenote.com/detail.asp?SelectionID=10344

So you caused the crash!!!!! AHA!!!!

Banned.

:)

Seriously, I was talking with my server guy and he said the crashes are being caused by some tables in the database getting messed up. He said it's probably due to some code in this software not meshing completely with MySQL (which is the database protocol).

Version 2.0 of the board software is out, but they have yet to release an upgrade path from 1.3 to 2.0 so I'm still waiting.

This is odd...My original post has been lost, butthe thread remains. :blink::blink::blink:

Anyway, for an album that's not yet been released, it sure seems that everybody's heard it and loves it:

http://www.bluenote.com/detail.asp?SelectionID=10344

Singing the praises of a cd that has yet to be released is cheesy at best.

Dewey Redman told me once when I saw him play at One Step Down that he thought Anita Baker would make a great jazz singer. I had to admit I didn't know that much of her music, but this is the kind of thing I would take Dewey's word on.

Bertrand.

He's perfectly right about this - but I'm afraid her ideas about her career are against it.

• 5 years later...

I've always regarded Anita Baker as THE successor to Sarah Vaughan.

(And I've experienced both live and close-up.) Perhaps Bruce L. will provide Anita the future album project where she gets to select and sing her favorite jazz standards. THAT would bring it all back home to Sassy.

She sings "You've Changed" on this DVD, as a simple duo with Bobby Lyle on piano, and it is fantastic ... it gives an impression of what a no-nonsense standards CD would be like.

51te-3GVILL._SS500_.jpg

She's great on that DVD, in all respects, sings great, really owns her songs, moves great, looks great ... :wub:

Turns out she did but two discs for Blue Note, one soul/pop and one with Christmas songs - has anybody heard these and cares to comment?

41vAfVLl8mL._SS500_.jpg51A1Y6CFCEL._SS500_.jpg

Edited by mikeweil