How many do you own?

How many Mosaic box sets do you own?  

196 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Another 20+ vote. I have 30+, I think. No selects, so far. Too lazy to count them.

ubu

50 now... waiting for the Herman Capitol...

8 Selects (Weston, Green, Brookmeyer, Amy, Williams, Tyner, 2x Hill)

1 Single (Wiley)

That's scary, so many more in just 3 years... an a few hundred other discs, and a dozen or more other box sets... :blink:

69 big suckers

23 Selects

9 Singles

again three more years gone by... the additional Selects mostly happened because of the great mosaic catastrophe that took place in the meantime...

What would we do without the internet to normalize our habits. See, honey, there are at least 10 people out there with more Mosaics than I have...

I'm trying to think how many I've bought since 2007, 4 of the big boxes (will get the new Ellington in 2011) and maybe 5 Selects (only one of which I ultimately hung onto). So fairly restrained...

29 total made up of 6 Selects and 23 of the big boxes, 13 of which are -gasp- CDRs which were sets that were out of print at the time I acquired them. That'll probably be it for me. I can't think of anything out there in or OOP right now that I'd actively seek out. Right now I have my eye on a handful of Bear Family box sets which are even more expensive than the Mosaics! Yikes!

you know, Mosaic ought to make some contributions to support this place - it looks like thousands of dollars from Organissimo-ites, if I guess correctly.

as for me, I have none - I, like Pete, tend to avoid boxes (except the ones I put out) -

though, on the other hand, I sure would like the Benedetti/Bird box. It is almost Christmas, if you guys are wondering what I want........

• 1 year later...

Just now, having won an Ebay auction for the CD version of the Art Hodes box, I have ALL the CD sets and all the LP-only ones except for 9 titles (the Miles Davis ones). Hoooray! ;-)

That means that I have 142 big black boxes on 151, plus several selects and singles.

Edited by Fred

Just now, having won an Ebay auction for the CD version of the Art Hodes box, I have ALL the CD sets and all the LP-only ones except for 9 titles (the Miles Davis ones). Hoooray! ;-)

That means that I have 142 big black boxes on 151, plus several selects and singles.

wow!! party at fred's house!!! :party:

congratulations!!!

:tophat:

I'm at 38 right now. Gladly, my outbreak of Mosaicmania passed a couple of years ago, so I've only bought 5 sets in the past two-an-a-half years.

I'm now down to three sets, I discovered that I was just looking at them on a shelf, so I traded them in. It had become a "thing" for me to get each set, so I said "enough is enough." Don't miss them either.