Could this be the fate of the new BNBB?

Ed S

I think that the NJ version of softsong is our own catesta under deep cover

Just what we need, I thought. Another over-reactionary, seek-and-destroy zealot, but I’m beginning to sense the overwhelming and ironic truth.

NOBODY expects the catesta! Amongst his weaponry are such diverse elements as: fear, surprise, ruthless comedy, an almost fanatical devotion to good jazz, and nice ribbed condoms- Oh damn!

As of this post:

11 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

9 Members: JSngry, Musicboy, Matthew, Joe G, Dan Gould, ghost of miles, White Lightning, kazak, Alexander

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Yeah, that's good (and I'm glad to see that Musicboy is checking up on us), but what we need is Neon to read this thread.

Come on, Musicboy, we know you're here. How's about you come out, call a truce, and then you leave our board alone, and we'll leave your board alone.

And hell, we're already leaving your board alone, cuz we're too busy responding to your threats (here on our board), and your "holier-than-thou" attitude. :rolleyes:

Edited by Rooster_Ties

Shhhhhh....., Gom, he's watching us, right now.hide.gif

ahem..........and I think Norah Jones is great. I hope her second CD is as great as her first great CD. That would be really great. ;)

Edited by Ed Swinnich

Shhhhhh....., Gom, he's watching us, right now.hide.gif

ahem..........and I think Norah Jones is great. I hope her second CD is as great as her first great CD. That would be really great. ;)

That's just in case he's cutting and pasting quotes. :rolleyes::wacko::blink::wacko::rolleyes:

Musicboy. You're doing no service to your faith by bringing it into this argument.

It's people like you that give Christianity a bad name.

Africa Brass,

Just in case you are a Christian. I'll give you the courtesy of an explaination. First off, I wasn't the one who brought religious views into this. One of the trolls from this board did. See below:

"Hard core Christian Fundamentalists on flame with lite pop music, empowered with rights to censor. Watch out.

And no, they can't take a joke. Too *#$%*?! stupid and unable to think for themselves."

Ok, that was posted before you heard a word from anyone at NJI.

Now if you think I'm going to allow people like this to come over & make more work for me all night, I'm sorry, but you need to think about it again.

I'm running out of patience with this site. It is now bordering on violating my civil rights as a Christian. I'm thinking about having it shut down completely on that basis alone, because the moderators refuse to respect anyone's beliefs. This is No longer a norahjones.info issue now. I'm thinking this is getting personal, so maybe the dept of Justice would like to see some of the hate speech that's going on here? Keep it up boys. I got all day for the next month to deal with it. If the band don't care about us, why would we be worried about their fate? I wasn't making threats. I don't do threats, I always follow through when people attack me or my beliefs. I just do it under the law. So, if you want to keep playing big shot with me.. That's your choice. My religion is Christian. & you are now personally offending me, & others. I'm recording all of this, because If I need to go to the DOJ with it, I will. AfricanBrass? Also I'd like to address the comment you made about me "Blacklisting" the band. Do you think I have the power to single handedly turn the music industry against them? Or are you a bit afraid that just having people come here & look at all these postings would be enough to do it? Cause that is all I PROMISED to do if this doesn't stop. I never THREATENED anyone. You all have more to lose than I do, so if you want to keep up the aggression, you'll indeed live with some consequences.

I'll make no comments regarding YOUR Christianity or faith since I don't know YOU personally ABrass.. Too bad you didn't give me the same courtesy. ^_^

Edited by Musicboy

Dan,

How about just not coming back for more abuse? It's not that you're a Christian, it's you personally. It's not that we don't respect anyone's rights, on the contrary, we respect everyone's rights. Everyone has a right to disagree, respectfully. You really have not been respectful. Jeff (africabrass) is a kind person who in the past has stood up for his beliefs and was shown due respect. It's a community here and as an outsider, you are expected to work your way in with courtesy, not barge in issuing threats. Yes, threats.

I don't think it ever was a norahjones issue, because as so many have already stated, there was never any norah bashing going on, in fact most of the posts in this thread were in her defense!

Ah.. forget it. Do what you want. You are obviously not a reasonable man. I refer you back to my opening statement. Goodbye.

Joe

Disappointing, to say the least. The sincerely offended zealot with the power to bring down mountains is not-so-slowly fading to exhibit the much less vivid hues of yet another victim of a persecution complex on a self-imagined power trip, a Shriner trying to race one of those wacky mini-cars in the Indy 500, and threatening to call in the DOJ because all the cars are faster than his. The NERVE of them!

Oh well, it was a good show while it lasted, but it looks like the Second Act ain't worth sticking around for. Just as well, I suppose. There's a REAL world to deal with, doncha know...

Now if you think I'm going to allow people like this to come over & make more work for me all night, I'm sorry, but you need to think about it again.

I'm running out of patience with this site. It is now bordering on violating my civil rights as a Christian. I'm thinking about having it shut down completely on that basis alone, because the moderators refuse to respect anyone's beliefs. This is No longer a norahjones.info issue now. I'm thinking this is getting personal, so maybe the dept of Justice would like to see some of the hate speech that's going on here? Keep it up boys. I got all day for the next month to deal with it. If the band don't care about us, why would we be worried about their fate?  I wasn't making threats. I don't do threats, I always follow through when people attack me or my beliefs. I just do it under the law. So, if you want to keep playing big shot with me.. That's your choice. My religion is Christian. & you are now personally offending me, & others. I'm recording all of this, because If I need to go to the DOJ with it, I will.

Musicboy, none of us are posting on your beloved Norah sight any more. Nobody has in nearly a day.

YOU are on OUR board, making threats/promises to us and our board mods, and you say that YOU'RE the one who's rights are being violated???????????????????

:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

I don't know you and I didn't mean to offend you Musicboy. I'm sorry if I did, but I thought I saw veiled threats in your posts. I don't doubt your faith. I'm glad you have it. My faith is everything to me.

I'm sorry that you've been kept up moderating your board. I haven't posted on it and I've had no intention of doing so. I hope this can all end. You have my word that I won't mess with your board.

As far as your civil rights go, I'm sorry you feel offended. I read things on this board sometimes that really hurt my feelings too, but that's the world. I guess I've found that in being a Christian, I've had to develop a pretty thick skin.

I'm not going to argue with you, but I think it's more important that we show the love of Christ to each other rather than being nasty. Maybe people will see the good things about Christianity instead of the negative.

Please accept my apology if I offended you.

......Cause that is all I PROMISED to do if this doesn't stop. I never THREATENED anyone. You all have more to lose than I do, so if you want to keep up the aggression, you'll indeed live with some consequences......

Just what constitutes a threat then jerk :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko: