Could this be the fate of the new BNBB?

Ed S

Yes! Excellent response music boy, but I’ve stayed up well past my bedtime to watch this fascinating tragedy evolve. It’s time to retire, but before I do, I just wanted to say thanks for rallying the membership into glorious defense like no other.

My sincere apologies to Jim Dye. I knew better, and still got sucked in.

I don't know you and I didn't mean to offend you Musicboy. I'm sorry if I did, but I thought I saw veiled threats in your posts. I don't doubt your faith. I'm glad you have it. My faith is everything to me.

I'm sorry that you've been kept up moderating your board. I haven't posted on it and I've had no intention of doing so. I hope this can all end. You have my word that I won't mess with your board.

As far as your civil rights go, I'm sorry you feel offended. I read things on this board sometimes that really hurt my feelings too, but that's the world. I guess I've found that in being a Christian, I've had to develop a pretty thick skin.

I'm not going to argue with you, but I think it's more important that we show the love of Christ to each other rather than being nasty. Maybe people will see the good things about Christianity instead of the negative.

Please accept my apology if I offended you.

When someone says they are Christian and upholds Christian values - this is what I expect. Not threats, accusations, and defamations

Chris,

I don't have time to discuss this with you. If you'll notice, I've only been responding to the stuff I need to. In hopes that people will come to their senses before I'm forced to do what I have to. I have no quarrel with the band, other than the fact they seem to think anything is permissible on their message boards, even when it breaks laws. Now people are getting hateful towards Christians here. I have plenty of proof logged, & I've matched up a few IP's & e-mails.. Sooo... we'll let the law figure it out if need be. I don't have all day to discuss it with you. I'll be wasting enough of my valuable time if certain individuals force me to make a legal example out of them. I may not necessarily win, but it won't be fun for them. Again, if it were me, I would have locked this thread & deleted it long ago, considering the potential civil rights violations here, Not up to me. Up to the band now.

He's still here, which leads me to think that he's getting off on the negative attention he's receiving.... :rolleyes:

ahem........and I think Norah's band is great. I really think Norah's piano playing is great too, but not as great as her sing, which is super-great :rolleyes::rolleyes::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko: .

Musicboy,

Joe said it all. We respect each other here. We do have very different beliefs, but we still respect each other. There will be things said that may hurt feelings from time to time, but we still are a group of friends here. There is nothing hateful going on. Just people with different opinions. This is America, free speech and all. I'm glad the moderators here don't automatically shut down every thread where people disagree. I wouldn't come back here if they did. We're adults after all.

Please go back to your board.

Chris,

I don't have time to discuss this with you. If you'll notice, I've only been responding to the stuff I need to. In hopes that people will come to their senses before I'm forced to do what I have to. I have no quarrel with the band, other than the fact they seem to think anything is permissible on their message boards, even when it breaks laws. Now people are getting hateful towards Christians here. I have plenty of proof logged, & I've matched up a few IP's & e-mails.. Sooo... we'll let the law figure it out if need be. I don't have all day to discuss it with you. I'll be wasting enough of my valuable time if certain individuals force me to make a legal example out of them. I may not necessarily win, but it won't be fun for them. Again, if it were me, I would have locked this thread & deleted it long ago, considering the potential civil rights violations here, Not up to me. Up to the band now.

It has nothing to do woth your being a Christian. It has everything to do with you being an idiot.

So now you're threatening to make lives miserable because you have come here issuing threats and character assasinations. Get lost. :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

Musicboy, I hate to burst your bubble, but the post you keep complaining about was written by one of YOUR board's members that came over here, not one of OUR board's members that went over there. But that's okay; we'll keep him!

This is all so silly I can't believe it's real. Still, as long as it brought back Dan's "bouncing boobie" avatar. I haven't felt this calm since it went away...

Guest Mnytime

I am not sure how I missed this hilarious thread and Musicboys strange concept of Free Speech and civil rights. :rolleyes:

If this nut thinks the DOJ will get involved over what has been posted here in this thread he really has a lot to learn. Especially since the majority of the posters I believe that have a problem with him are Christians themselves.

You know this has almost made me laugh as much as Jim’s Wal-Mart/Target soliloquy. :D

If this nut thinks the DOJ will get involved over what has been posted here in this thread he really has a lot to learn. Especially since the majority of the posters I believe that have a problem with him are Christians themselves.

No doubt. Especially considering all of the truly evil and vile stuff you can find on the internet without much effort. :eye::eye:

I have been following this topic and just started following the "Is it over?, We’ll see" as well.

As a Christian I would like to apologize for the "Christian" example that Musicboy deposited into the world. This is not how Christians should maneuver according to the tenets of the Bible. I even censored a post my husband, Mr. Kartoffel-hadi-blues, wanted to include. It would have been really funny (at least it was to us) but I started thinking about the reprisal that Musicboy might unleash upon us personally.

I found as I read more and more I was getting angry. (Anger is not Un-Christian—how you act upon the anger is what determines Christian or non-Christian behavior). I then realized that the anger I was experiencing was beginning to be the same type of ferocity I feel when someone has hurt one of my kids. My kids are adults but they are and will always be “MY KIDS”. I was turning into a Mother Bear. (Don’t get in-between a mother bear and her kids). I decided to stop reading and take a break to calm down and collect my thoughts.

Over time, the members of this board have become an out of the ordinary family. We have differences of opinions. The political forum can get heated and some of us will never agree with others. We certainly don’t all like the same artists and types of music. We like to welcome new members. The more knowledge imparted on the board the more we learn. We share the joys and sorrows of our lives. I’m always touched to see the outpouring of concern when something heartrending is shared.

Even with all our differences, WE ARE FAMILY and we will defend our own when necessary. I kept thinking about some of the words to the song of the same title.

Ev'ryone can see we're together

As we walk on by

(FLY!) and we fly just like birds of a feather

I won't tell no lie

(ALL!) all of the people around us they say

Can they be that close

Just let me state for the record

We're giving love in a family dose

I apologize for going on for so long.

P.S. I’m thinking of changing my member name to Mother :P

Guest Mnytime

slsmcgrew

You better watch out MusicBoy might report you to the DOJ for civil rights abuse for apologizing for his behavior. ;)

“Anger is not Un-Christian—how you act upon the anger is what determines Christian or non-Christian behavior).”

I am not sure I understand this. Is there a way to respond to anger that is purely Christian that others would not respond in the same manner who are not Christian?

Mnytime,

There is a time when it's okay to be angry as a Christian. It's usually referred to as righteous anger. A good example of righteous anger is when Jesus went after the moneylenders in the temple.

:rsmile:

slsmcgrew,

I dig your post. This is like a family around here.

Edited by AfricaBrass

Chris,

IDENTIFY the laws. CITE their precise terminology. Or else shut the fuck up.

LAST TIME I checked this was AMERICA, you Christian FASCIST piece of trash.

And let me say for the record that I damn well hope that is an example of the type of statement that's going to make you cry cry cry to the DOJ because after the legalities are dismissed with prejudice I guaran-damn-tee I'll come after your ass for malicous prosecution and you will be working a whole lot of music/IT gigs to pay off the judgement against you.

Now go crawl back to your Christian FASCIST hellhole.

Guest Mnytime

Mnytime,

There is a time when it's okay to be angry as a Christian. It's usually referred to as righteous anger. A good example of righteous anger is when Jesus went after the moneylenders in the temple.

slsmcgrew,

I dig your post. This is like a family around here.

My question was meant for this part of her post

"how you act upon the anger is what determines Christian or non-Christian behavior).” "

Is there a purely Christian reaction to anger that others would not have that are not Christian? Even having righteous anger is not something you can call purely Christian.

Guest Chaney

I wondered about that also Mny.

Just accepting Mrs. Hadi's statement in its most literal sense, it seems as if she's saying that Christians are the only persons able to behave well when challenged by malicious / "Unchristian" behavior.

It's us -- it's them.

I certainly don't believe that Mrs. Hadi meant it in as black and white a fashion but I can certainly see why this might lead to a misunderstanding.

Not wanting to put words into your mouth... Mother.

:)