Ashlee Simpson on SNL

trane_fanatic

Apologies in advance, and know that this is not language that I use carelessly or indiscriminately.

“I feel so bad. My band started playing the wrong song."

Fuck you, you fucking no-talent media-whore cunt.

I agree 100%.

And, her album, if she has one (I don't know?) will sell enough copies to keep her very comfortable for the remainder of her years.

Fuck me. :(

I'm not certain she makes for good eye-candy, even.

ash44.jpg

Edited by wesbed

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I've heard plenty of justifications for lip-synching over the years, some of them quite "plausable" (like the one about the choreography is so intense in spots that the singer needs some help, and since the choreography is such a big part of waht entertains the fans, hey, no biggie, it's all show buisiness, right? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: ). This little twerp could have at least had the presence of mind to not say anything until letting her handlers give her something to say. But no - blame the band.

If I were in her band, I'd be sorely tempted to call a rehearsal to teach her that Ramones song "Beat On The Brat", and teach it to her by acting out the lyrics...

Edited by JSngry

I saw an interview with her on TV one day, and they were talking to her about doing a duet album with her sister. She said that they might try something out of the ordinary like "a blues album" or something of the sort. God help us.

Apologies in advance, and know that this is not language that I use carelessly or indiscriminately.

Tell me about it. Blame the band. If you've seen any of her shows on MTV, then you'd know she's been doing this since day one. On one episode, she had her first rehearsal with the band. Actually, it was her first rehearsal with any band, her first time in front of stage monitors, her first time on stage, her first time... you get the idea.

Of course she keeps fucking up the tunes because she's never performed live in her life, and she blames the band every single time. It explains why they were not embarassed at all in that clip and were actually smiling when she left the stage.

This is real nice. She can't just be talentless (which she is), she has to be slurred, too. What do you call no talent male musicians? I don't recall anyone calling Kenny G a cocksucker because he pumps out garbage. That's straight up fucked up. I can't stand any of these no talent women either but if the Babe Thread was still here, I'm sure you would be drooling all over her. Hypocrite.

It's not just that she has no talent, it's that she has no talent, no stage presence, and blames the band for it. Having played with a couple of nightmarish singers who don't have any respect for the band behind them, I completely understand the sentiment behind any vitriol directed at her.

Actually, this isn't the first time I've seen butchery like this out of the Simpson family. (No, I'm not referring to OJ.) In 2000 I was at Disney World for my high school's "Grad Night" and Jessica Simpson was performing outside Cinderella's castle. One of us (notmenotmenotmeIswear) really wanted to go see the show for some reason, so we headed over just in time to hear a tape start and a well-amplified squeal of "Stop the tape!!" from backstage. I think there may have been vocals on that tape, too.

Geez Wes, you even look up her pictures. I think an intervention might be in order.

I had to look at her website and her pictures. It's not like I'm familiar with this broad. They don't seem to sell her records at the Blue Note or Mosaic sites. The first time I heard her name, via the Saturday Night Live broadcast, I thought maybe she was one of The Simpsons, as in, the TV Simpsons. I was expecting an Ashlee Simpson Muppet kind of thing on the stage. :lol:

Yes, time for an intervention, indeed. Now, where did I put that Krupa/James Mosaic box?

Apparently it's the drummer who is responsible for starting the lip-sync tape. That's why Ashlee Simpson looks bewildered at him when the wrong vocals start coming from the speakers.

Maybe that's what she meant with "The band started playing the wrong song" (= started the wrong lip-sync tape).

That doesn't however excuse her lip-syncing, when she declares in interviews that she would never do this.

The host's excuse was equally lame. "What can I say? Live TV!" Well, this wouldn't have happened with true live vocals.

I don't recall anyone calling Kenny G a cocksucker because he pumps out garbage.

Wrong example. Perhaps that exact phrase hasn't been used, but come on, if you haven't seen anything insulting to Kenny G. on this board, you really need to check out the parts of the board you're skipping!

Of course, he's also the wrong example because, as tedious as his music may be, he still actually plays it, you know. Not that this is a good thing, mind you....

Personally, I'm reasonably certain that if some male pop tart had been in this situation, he'd have been raked over the coals as well. In other words, you're seeing sexism that isn't there.

That's straight up fucked up.  I can't stand any of these no talent women either but if the Babe Thread was still here, I'm sure you would be drooling all over her.

I the Babe Thread was still here. you would notice that my participation in and viewing of it was minimal at best, and for the last few months of its life, nonexistent.

Sorry, the brush may be broad, but it ain't accurate, not this time.

Edited by JSngry

Elvis Costello and the Attractions got kicked off BBC tv

Does anyone (besides me) remember when they were on SNL? They were playing, well, I don't remember what, but in the middle of the performance Elvis stopped the band and launched into a different number, a blazing version of "Radio Radio."

I'll never forget it, because it got me totally hooked on his music.

-----------

Also regarding Kenny G., I've always been curious:

Does he fuck pentatonic fairies or does he fuck regular fairies but in a pentatonic manner?

Does anyone (besides me) remember when they were on SNL? They were playing, well, I don't remember what, but in the middle of the performance Elvis stopped the band and launched into a different number, a blazing version of "Radio Radio."

I've got a reel-to-reel of it somewhere in my closet. The song they started out with was, iirc, the one with the opening lyric "Calling Mister Oswald with his swaztika tatoo". The first numeber they did was an absolutely searing version of "Watching The Detectives". I got that on the reel-to-reel too.

Just hope I've been careful where I've put my Monster Magnet all these years...

Edited by JSngry

Have any of you posters ever heard Simpson's CD, "Autobiography"?? I have. I have heard it several times, in fact. That's what happens when you have teenaged daughters. It is a very good CD considering some of the other shit that my girls play. Really. She has an OK voice and it doesn't sound all that dressed up in trickery like most others on the radio today. She a little like Avril Livigne with the major difference being that Livigne writes all her tunes. One thing Ashlee Simpson is not is a Brittney wannabee. Britney's stuff got a lot of playing time in my house years ago and every tune sounds like a different "Brittney" because she runs her voice through all these filters.

Give the (19 year old) girl a break. She made a mistake. She should have just laughed it off, told the band to stop playing, and kicked off the tune again. Immaturity certainly played a part here.

The band, particularly the drummer, should get their asses fired quick. The drummer's screw up likely cost the band a lot of money.

Later,

Kevin

You obviously haven't seen her show if you really believe she can sing. I guarantee, there is a lot of "studio trickery" going on.

Yes, it was her immaturity that led to the mess up and that's exactly the point. She shouldn't be performing on a nationally televised hit show like SNL when she has so little stage experience. What ever happened to paying your dues? I guess when you don't really sing the tunes in the first place, it doesn't matter.