Happy Birthday Brownie!!

rachel

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Merci beaucoup, private Ubu. The mighty Swiss Army  let you out on the weekend?

yup. this time even till Monday, but next weekend will be very short... life's hard, but I'll survive.

This is what it looks like:

wk_spiel.jpg

You the one sounding like Albert Ayler in his army days???

:g

I'm the one with the freakin' baritone sax... No jazz to be played here, no sir! They all officially *hate* jazz. Rather they play badly arranged cover versions of stoopid songs such as "Y.M.C.A." and other total crap. The worst stuff though is the ambitious dutch (no japanese this time, thank God!) stuff.

Guy,

I was away on a business trip this week, so must have missed your birthday announcement. So, belatedly, my best wishes for your birthday, and may I ask you to join us in a toast of- what else- CHAMPAGNE to celebrate this happy event in the most appropriate style :g:party:

ce_edito.jpg

se_visu_habi_eng.jpg

Edited by Leeway

Now, isn't October 30 the birthday of the OTHER Brownie? (1930)

I always remember because it's the same date as the Art Blakey session for Moanin' (1958).

Mike

The REAL Brownie would have been 74 today indeed.

I'll keep all the booze and food that the wonderful people at Organissimo have posted on this thread to celebrate HIS birthday. I'm sure that if had not gotten into that damned car he would still have blown all of us away on this day!

if it isn't the pope, it's Yasser.

Happy belated birthday wishes also, you already got some proper & timely ones from me. No one has mentioned it, but you now are officially old, I hope you keep it up for a long, long time to come. We will look up to you in reverant admiration.

...and I ran into some Ubu's on my way from Genève to Basel yesterday, ooo-lala, if THAT is the Swiss army on a weekend, they should be very happy they have no enemies.

Chateau Latour? :o

You forgot which is the REAL GOOD wine? :w

ARTICULO1256.jpg

1964, eh? ;)

Agustin. I did not overlook. Just can't afford this very expensive wine.

Bought the Latour 1970 three decades ago when the prices of the Bordeaux wines

went real down. Not sure I will ever see another slump like that one!

Paul Secor wrote:

Belated happy birthday wishes to the man who photographed one of my favorite album covers - the side with the red background.

Strangely, the red background image was the back cover of the original ESP LP.

The front cover was the 'in action' image.

I have an ESP 1967 new releases brochure somewhere with a totally different cover. Stollman decided to change the cover when I brought him mine -_-

Chateau Latour?  :o

You forgot which is the REAL GOOD wine?  :w 

ARTICULO1256.jpg

1964, eh?  ;)

Agustin. I did not overlook. Just can't afford this very expensive wine.

And you think I can? ;)

I´ve never tested a Vega Sicilia Único from any vintage!

I´ve only enjoyed a couple of Tinto Valbuena (2nd branch) and Alión (a new branch from the same guys). Vega Sicilia Único is a legend... a way too expensive legend.

BTW: Have you heard about Pingus? It´s a very recent winery from Ribera del Duero, created by Peter Sisseck, a Danish guy. It´s prices are the highest of all Spanish wines today! It´s one of those "garage" wines: smallest production, highest prices. http://www.lavinia.es/dsp/?disp=catalog.Pr...Card_Shell_Id=0