Happy Birthday Brownie!!

rachel

;)

I´ve never tested a Vega Sicilia Único from any vintage!

I´ve only enjoyed a couple of Tinto Valbuena (2nd branch) and Alión (a new branch from the same guys). Vega Sicilia Único is a legend... a way too expensive legend.

BTW: Have you heard about Pingus? It´s a very recent winery from Ribera del Duero, created by Peter Sisseck, a Danish guy. It´s prices are the highest of all Spanish wines today! It´s one of those "garage" wines: smallest production, highest prices. http://www.lavinia.es/dsp/?disp=catalog.Pr...Card_Shell_Id=0

This is turning into a Wine Thread! Nothing against that!

I did drink Vega Sicilia Unico once. Couple of years ago when one of our photographers was offered a bottle of it by a Spanish wine producer who was so delighted with a photo of himself with the infamous Robert Parker that was taken when Parker was made a Chevalier in the Legion of Honour by Chirac at the Elysee Palace that he presented our man with a bottle of Vega Sicilia.

The photographer shared the bottle with the rest of our crew right after returning from the Elysee. Not the best way to taste that beverage. Must say I enjoyed it quite a lot even if the wine was not at its optimum condition.

Have heard quite a lot about Pingus but have yet to taste a bottle. Another too expensive wine. Besides I am an anti-garage wine person. Damn Parker!

Next visit to Spain will probably take my wife and I to the Ribera del Duero area. Know it is beautiful.

On our last Spanish visit, we stayed a couple of days in the vicinity of Falset and were delighted to sample the wine and visit the vineyards of Priorat. The area and its wine are splendid :winky:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote=

Paul Secor wrote:

Belated happy birthday wishes to the man who photographed one of my favorite album covers - the side with the red background.

Strangely, the red background image was the back cover of the original ESP LP.

The front cover was the 'in action' image.

I have an ESP 1967 new releases brochure somewhere with a totally different cover. Stollman decided to change the cover when I brought him mine -_-

I have the ESP LP, and in ESP fashion, they listed all of the information - (discographical - though no recording date, name of the recording engineer, "Cover photographs by Guy Kopelowicz", even their address and a bit of Esperanto) on the front cover. The back (red) cover is the one I prefer, and I think of it as the front cover, even though it's not.

• 9 years later...

Thank you all! !!!

Been mainly lurking lately! Kept away from the Board mostly because of some health problems. Getting away slowly (very slowly) from them.

Enjoying life (and music ) as much as possible with help from Zoot/AL, KD, Rahsaan, JLyons, CT and other favorites.

Life is good! Looking forward to the next years...

Thank you all! !!!

Been mainly lurking lately! Kept away from the Board mostly because of some health problems. Getting away slowly (very slowly) from them.

Enjoying life (and music ) as much as possible with help from Zoot/AL, KD, Rahsaan, JLyons, CT and other favorites.

Life is good! Looking forward to the next years...

That does sound good! And good playlists as well, of course! Don't forget to throw in some Barney now and then :)