An interesting job interview

Big Wheel

Congratulations on the job!

My boss here in London is mid fifties and pretty "old school" in that he's stuffy in a way that only english gentlemen can be, dry with little interest in much beyond work and gardening. We talked about music one day at lunch in the canteen and he said his school teacher had taken him and group of boys from their school nr the south coast on a trip to see John Coltrane! Can't say we get on any better but it did put him in better light...

Colin

Congrats on the new gig. I'm coming late to this thread and my first reaction was that I wasn't sure I'd want a potential employer bringing up "Bye-ya" as part of their interview process. Too much chance of there being some sort of subliminal associative message they were hoping you'd pick up on. Now that you got the job, that's clearly not the case. Good luck!

Up over and out.

slimer.jpg

Hey where'd you get the Slimer jpg? And what's it mean?

(I'm curious because I was one of the producers of the Ghosbusters movies and tv show.)

it means someone was advised to slime up to his boss. big time too, but don't we all go there?

(actually, I don't. That was just out of compassion or whatever)

anyhow, found the jpg through google and I am glad we have *real* nutcases on board who worked on films like Ghostbusters :tup:tup:g

• 1 year later...

Epilogue: My last day at work was yesterday. (I accepted a new gig out in the Bay Area.) On Thursday we had a farewell lunch which turned into a roast as everyone recounted my various workplace shenanigans. The boss mentioned my interview and said that "it was only your knowledge of Tina Brooks that got you this job." My going-away present: the Hill, Patton, and Moncur Mosaic Selects.

Epilogue: My last day at work was yesterday. (I accepted a new gig out in the Bay Area.) On Thursday we had a farewell lunch which turned into a roast as everyone recounted my various workplace shenanigans. The boss mentioned my interview and said that "it was only your knowledge of Tina Brooks that got you this job." My going-away present: the Hill, Patton, and Moncur Mosaic Selects.

Hope your new gig is A Plus because it sounds like you're leaving a class act.