Hey guys I'm new.

cooltrane

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome, cooltrane. Don't mind these fools. :P They're a prickly bunch, but harmless and very helpful. It's all in good fun. B-)

I'm 27 and I play organ. My trio's website hosts this forum. We're called "Organissimo" and you can hear what we sound like on the real home page which is at:

www.organissimo.org

The saxophonist on our record is Ron Blake, who records and tours with Christian McBride (the bassist) among others. He's a fantastic musician.

Enjoy!

Wow Sounds awsome, Thanks for letting me know that.

I was about to say, For a Forum full of 30 + year olds, It seems like I'm talking to a bunch of 7 year olds lmao...

Its been one day and my * Hey guys I'm new * thread has turned into a completely different subject.

I practice all the time.

I generally talk on this when I'm at school, or am just chilling and talking on the computer.

I usually practice about 3 - 4 hours a day.

It's hard to revolve it around my highschool work, and my social life.

but Its worth it.

It might be lots now, but When I'm on my own, and I've graduated Mount royal I will be playing allot more then that every day!

The 5 years I played alto, I mainly listened to Charlie parker.

He was my altime heroe, he was who gave me the most insight about everything jazz related.

Now with my tenor, I listen to John Coltrane, Sonny Rollins, Those are the main people.

I have a few Coltrane abersolds however there quite chalenging to master.

The Be-bop style of Coltrane is a completely different way of hearing jazz, / improvising in sink with the background beats as charlie parker was.

So its a complete change for me.

however I got the parker style, aswell as more mellow cool jazz down.

Now its time to expand my learnings towards coltrane and more true jazz tones, if that makes sence.

So I'm working hard to analyze his solo's and progressing my field of music.