Yourmusic.com corner

Big Al

good clarification, ron. i didn't mean to come off as i were denegrating clubs. i'm sure many a fledgling jazz listener has taken their collection to the next level (from introductory to cursory) with the help of bmg, columbia, at al.

for myself, i'm considering joining yourmusic to fill in some box set gaps, even though i own 90% of the material represented in said boxes. yourmusic's boxes are priced right.

regards,

-e-

If you plan to do this, you might want to do it quickly. Their prices are going up $1.00 per disc on January 1st, so box sets will go up accordingly. Not really a big deal, but if you have a bunch that you want now, better to order in the next couple of weeks and save a few bucks.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FWIW, someone at AAJ posted that they have been having issues with yourmusic's customer service.

Guy

They claimed that they sent me a CD over 10 days ago and it still has not arrived. Somewhere in this or another Yourmusic thread I mentioned that they sent me the single CD version of Chick's Light as a Feather when the image on their site clearly shows the 2CD version. I didn't even bother trying to exchange/return that one.

it took 2 months for an order I placed in October to arrive. And my monthly selection for Nov was late too

Was this 2 months after they said it had already shipped? My CD is listed as "Shipped 11/30."

2 months after it was "shipped". and it now takes minimum a week for a response from customer service, if at all

I basically bought the Weather Report box for the DVD and I'm getting 3 bonus CD's in the process. Most of my Weather Report is on vinyl except for Black Market so the CD's are a welcome addition. Not really an ideal situation but it's pretty hard to go wrong for less than $25 dollars.

The remaining three RVGS from that last batch are now on yourmusic.com

I placed Off To The Races/Byrd, Happenings/Hutcherson, Here To Stay/Hubbard and Demon's Dance/McLean in my queue over the weekend. Now comes the hard part. Do I take advantage and make the purchases now before the price increase next month? I've bought quite abit of music recently. :(

I basically bought the Weather Report box for the DVD and I'm getting 3 bonus CD's in the process. Most of my Weather Report is on vinyl except for Black Market so the CD's are a welcome addition. Not really an ideal situation but it's pretty hard to go wrong for less than $25 dollars.

Well, I checked BMG and it can be had there for a total of $19.99, no S&H. For that price I figured I would try them one more time before completely giving up on them.

has anyone had any luck with service there!?

i'd like to return an item they sent by mistake as well as a queue item that i had selected twice.

no luck for months on end with service. :angry: even tried to find a phone number as the BMG # goes nowhere.

I haven't had a problem with them but I have with CD Universe and Djangos before. These places don't want to receive calls but provide the instructions on the back of the invoice. Mailing the disc back with a note is the way they work.

Yourmusic.com's return policy starts with "10.Returns:"

"Damaged, defective or incorrect selections must be returned within 30 days. You may also return other unopened CD within 30 days after you receive it. Returns of opened CDs that arrive back to us without a note explaining that they are damaged or defective will not be accepted."

Check your invoice and the online link for more instructions as that just hit some highlights (or lowlights).

FWIW I once bought a 3 disc DVD set and as I was slow working thru it didn't discover that I had 2 disc 2s until 2 months later with Deepdiscount. They fixed the problem dispite the length of time. So yourmusic.com might if you include a nice note (at least for the disc that was their mistake.) I doubt they want to risk pissing you off from their business.

Also, no guarantees, but if you are stuck in a phone tree at BMG not pressing a button on your phone might work at getting a human. I've heard that after some period of time the system assumes you are using a rotary and will kick you out to a human. (This is for trees in general, not BMG's system.) Whether that human is helpful, and how long that takes is anybody's guess.

Good luck!

Edited by Quincy

I received my shipment a few days ago having ordered 3 discs, but only 1 disc was left in the packaging. Seems like the packaging split open or god forbid someone opened it and helped themselves to the other two. It was taped up with the one selection in tact. Since I work for the Post Office, I immediately sent the shipement back explaining the discs were missing and to reship the order. We'll have to see how long this takes before the new shipment arrives. :angry: