2005 Connoisseurs

Late

He will look into doing Tyrone Washington's "Natural Essence" with any extra material from the "trainwreck" session. I told him he had to call it "The Trainwreck Session" in his notes or no one would know what session he was talking about.

:tup:tup:tup:tup:tup:tup:tup:tup

Everybody, please e-mail Michael at the Mosaic address, and let's all tell him how much we want to hear The Trainwreck session. :tup:tup

I'd prefer the Quebec 2-fer, as I've already got "Natural Essence."

Me too. I REALLY want the Quebec 45 set. Heck, Quebec deserves to be reissued - Look at the role he played in Blue Note's development. This deserves to be reissued on principle alone. :g

But... If they throw in enough pieces of the Trainwreck, I'll definitely re-buy Natural Essence. Otherwise, I'll just keep the TOCJ.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either would be good with me. If Natural Essence is trainwreck-less, however, I'd rather have the Quebec. Still, either will be great to have out. My feeling is that we're lucky to see these titles even garnering reissue consideration. They can't sell too well in the larger scope of things, but Cuscuna always pulls through for us in one way or another. Thank goodness we have this series! :tup

Amen to that, Late.

Thus my name...

;)

Of the material that I'd like to see Conned, the Tyrone Washington material isn't at the top of the list for me. As mentioned, I'd like to see the Elmo material come out.

The Elmo Hope is really good. :tup

I already have the Collector's Choice reissue so I don't really need a conn of this, but if the sound is really good, you never know...

I'd really like to see some more reissues of the early Blue Note recordings (and the Ike Quebec :g ).

Oh yes, of course. Thanks also Kevin for your help. In my opinion you've done a lot for us here at Organissimo and at BNBB by passing on our requests. The one example that really stands out for me was the inclusion of tracks from the Japanese "Procrastinator" onto the Conn "Sonic Boom." That was awesome! :tup

The only thing you failed on was getting "Passing Ships" its proper title of "Yesterday is Now!" :P:lol:

Well, if you take the GW (George Washington) and get off on the Major Deegan and follow that to the Triboro Bridge, then get off at 278, that should take you there. Any questions?

I use the Holland Tunnel -> West Side Highway S -> FDR N -> Williamsburg Bridge.

Depending on the time of day and year, I've also used 278 from SI, but it's expensive coming back that way.

The only thing you failed on was getting "Passing Ships" its proper title of "Yesterday is Now!" 

I almost hate to mention this but... he did say the Gigolo was going to be RVG'd. I sold my copy and have been getting by with a CDR ever since! Where's my GIGOLO?

The only thing you failed on was getting "Passing Ships" its proper title of "Yesterday is Now!"  

I almost hate to mention this but... he did say the Gigolo was going to be RVG'd. I sold my copy and have been getting by with a CDR ever since! Where's my GIGOLO?

Can't feel sorry for you for jumping on the profiteering bandwagon. Punishment was the loss of your "Gigolo."

Don't reissue it just yet, Michael...

:g

By the way, my prices are very reasonable. And there are a lot of people out there that prefer the old versions, right? ;)

Editted for spelling once again. Apparently, more "cosmic justice" for bustin' on Cooltrane and his spelling. This justice stuff is a load of crap!

Edited by scottb

Tell you what, though...it really does appear as if they'll be remastering most of the catalog. No need for us to buy all these expensive Japanese masterings. Still, I won't get rid of my JRVGs for RVGs. They're too much alike (if they aren't the same thing.) I'm just wondering if the RVG of "Feugo" might have any more tracks than the JRVG version. Same for the other new RVGs.

Oh no, I ain't taking the blame for that! :) It was Tom Evered at the Blue Note and believe me, I gave him a ration of shit for that statement with no follow up. Since then, I rarely, if ever talk to Tom but still, with every new list of RVGs, I ask Michael why they don't get to "The Gigolo" since Tom said it was on the list. Michael swears that Tom never mentioned it.

Blame Tom.

Later,

Kevin

No need for us to buy all these expensive Japanese masterings

I'm proud to say, I've NEVER bought a Japanese issue.

Well, you might not want to miss out on some of the new TOCJ24s. At 1500Â¥ (around $13), they probably (*) provide the best sound around.

* Open for debate and lively discussion, as always.

Well, you might not want to miss out on some of the new TOCJ24s. At 1500Â¥ (around $13), they probably (*) provide the best sound around.

* Open for debate and lively discussion, as always.

Actually 1500 Yen is close to $15 these days. Also, of course, there are no alternates.