NE Blizzard of 2005 (Part I?)

They upped the forecast here in RI to minimum 15", maximum 30". I just filled up the fertilizer broadcaster with snow melt and went over the driveway once to soften up what's already there. I'll be out there shovelling this evening until the winds pick up the way they are forecasting.

They are calling for 3" per hour. That means I'll be shovelling once every hour? Oh nuts. I know I'm going to miss this when we move back down to the beach...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in northwestern NJ and it's coming down pretty good now. I don't mind being socked in. I get some guy to do the plowing. It's about $35 a pop but it's worth it, what with a bad back. Plus, how many times do we hear about guys getting heart attacks. No thanks I'd rather pay the guy to do it. Takes him about 15 minutes to get it done.

I live in northwestern NJ and it's coming down pretty good now. I don't mind being socked in. I get some guy to do the plowing. It's about $35 a pop but it's worth it, what with a bad back. Plus, how many times do we hear about guys getting heart attacks. No thanks I'd rather pay the guy to do it. Takes him about 15 minutes to get it done.

I'm over in Rahway, I'm trying to decide if I should go out and dust off the car. Maybe I'll make my 1st visit at 3. :rfr

I'm over in Rahway

Inside or outside the prison?

;)

Cute.

Although the prison is about an 8th of a mile from here, on the other side of Rt. 1, it isn't in Rahway and it's named East Jersey State Prison.

There is no Rahway State Prison. Who changed that? I think he's a neighbor too.

I'm over in Rahway

Inside or outside the prison?

;)

Cute.

Although the prison is about an 8th of a mile from here, on the other side of Rt. 1, it isn't in Rahway and it's named East Jersey State Prison.

There is no Rahway State Prison. Who changed that? I think he's a neighbor too.

Damn that's awfully close to residences, no?

I remember they used to televise some boxing matches out of "Rahway." Seemed like a rough place. Is it a maximum security prison?

Edited by connoisseur series500

I'm heading out there to get a cardiac arrest!

Hey, I know you're joking, but seriously... TAKE IT EASY, everybody!!!

I'm okay Maren, thanks!

Just finished and it wasn't too bad. Light stuff was on top. Damn, it's cold out there though.

Seriously. I know those of you in the midwest will laugh at me but it's 9 or 10 degrees out there and that's fucking cold! I miss San Diego!

Guy

Is this storm limited to blue states???  Do we see divine justice here?  :lol:

Edit:  A little humor, folks!  If this breaks the rule against political posts, feel free to delete it!

What are you trying to tell us about the actual voting results in Ohio? :lol::lol::lol:

Guy

Edited by Guy Berger

Is this storm limited to blue states???  Do we see divine justice here?  :lol:

Edit:  A little humor, folks!  If this breaks the rule against political posts, feel free to delete it!

What are you trying to tell us about the actual voting results in Ohio? :lol::lol::lol:

Guy

:lol: Perhaps God didn't get the memo from Karl Rove.

We got nailed the week before Christmas... some snow today, but nothing like what you guys are getting. Quite a damned wind-chill effect going on, though. Walked two blocks from my car to the station and thought my coffee was going to ice up.

Edited by ghost of miles

Send out for smokes?

Excellent suggestion...perhaps a little SOS call to Stefan Wood is in order. Why waste time prowling the bins for that millionth piece of scratchy vinyl when he could ski over here w/a fresh pack, right?

Well, if I were still a smoker, being down to six would put me in a bit of a sweat... but you are the rara avis social-smoker, are you not, Weizen?