Art Pepper Select

Ron S

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

groningen.gif

:w

Fool! Now that we know where that set's going, you think we won't be able to intercept it?? :lol:

http://www.grsites.com/sounds/18791905/air...aircraft009.wav

http://www.grsites.com/sounds/18791905/air...aircraft021.wav

http://www.grsites.com/sounds/18791905/air...aircraft009.wav

Edited by Son-of-a-Weizen

Mosaic told me today that they expect the Select to be in early next week.

Yeah, Brad, but maybe that's just YOUR copy. :blink:

They told me your copy would take a little bit longer because they have to put in all those alternate takes. :g

I bet you didn't know that Mosaic has a custom line, where you can specify which alternates you want them to include (e.g., my Pepper Select will have 7 discs). VERY pricey.

Ron, could you give me some more details on the "custom" option? And what were, and how many, were the alternative takes. Is this clutter for completists, or is Pepper's playing significantly idiosyncratic on each take to make it worthwhile>

Additionally, if it means them going out of their way and thus significantly hiking up the price, would it be possible to assemble a "custom" collection of any OOP Mosaics?

Ron, could you give me some more details on the "custom" option? And what were, and how many, were the alternative takes. Is this clutter for completists, or is Pepper's playing significantly idiosyncratic on each take to make it worthwhile>

Additionally, if it means them going out of their way and thus significantly hiking up the price, would it be possible to assemble a "custom" collection of any OOP Mosaics?

Sorry, it was a joke. Some of us had a discussion a few days ago about alternate Art Pepper takes. :)

I placed my order with Mosaic last Thursday (2/10/2005). I ordered the Art Pepper and the Andrew Hill Selects. I thought I'd read both boxes were shipping. Now, I'm getting a feeling Mosaic isn't shipping the new Selects yet.

I just can't figure this shit out.

Woe is me. icon3.gif

Mosaic's holding mine hostage until the backordered Mobley box I ordered with it comes in later this week. :(

Actually, that's just what you were told. The real reason is the Pepper Estate just found out that the Select will include the previously unreleased track "Mogadishu Blues." Because of the politically sensitive nature of this track's title, the whole box has been yanked from distribution for an indefinite period of time.

Those who received their set before this advisory have been asked to return it to Mosaic, or to sell it for astronomically high prices on e-Bay.