Mosaic distributed in Europe

ASNL77

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are any of the other Verve / Mercury / Universal etc. sets available as imports at this time?

I did a quick search at CD Universe for the ones in which I have an interest, and didn't see any others. Which is why I speculated that something's up with the Farlow set, since it seems to be so widely available at great prices (CD Universe, Amazon, Tower, etc.).

Just ordered one of the $48 sets. :excited: (Had remaining Amazon credit, so it ended up just over $10 out of pocket.) Will let everyone know what I receive.

Just received this today from CDQuest (through Amazon). Legit as legit can be. Other than the no-numbered booklet, the only difference is a "Disc Made in Germany" sticker on the shrinkwrap. :tup

Just ordered one of the $48 sets.  :excited:  (Had remaining Amazon credit, so it ended up just over $10 out of pocket.)  Will let everyone know what I receive.

Just received this today from CDQuest (through Amazon). Legit as legit can be. Other than the no-numbered booklet, the only difference is a "Disc Made in Germany" sticker on the shrinkwrap. :tup

SWEET. :rolleyes: Mine's on the way from Caiman (through Amazon)--shipped on Monday. :tup

I received my European Farlow Mosaic from Caiman today, and am thoroughly enjoying it right now. It appears that the European sets are manufactured in the US and, except for the numbering, are identical to the US issue. So it's $80 extra for a US Mosaic number. :wacko:

I am listening to the third disc now and I am loving every second of it. $80!! A bargain :P . I paid a bit more for mine as I did not trust Caiman. I might next time.....

I received my European Farlow Mosaic from Caiman today, and am thoroughly enjoying it right now.  It appears that the European sets are manufactured in the US and, except for the numbering, are identical to the US issue.  So it's $80 extra for a US Mosaic number. :wacko:

I am listening to the third disc now and I am loving every second of it. $80!! A bargain :P . I paid a bit more for mine as I did not trust Caiman. I might next time.....

I said $80 EXTRA for a US numbered set. The European set from Caiman cost me $50.58 including shipping. I'm listening to Disc 3 now, also (Stompin' at the Savoy). :tup:w

Edited by Ron S

I received my European Farlow Mosaic from Caiman today, and am thoroughly enjoying it right now.  It appears that the European sets are manufactured in the US and, except for the numbering, are identical to the US issue.  So it's $80 extra for a US Mosaic number. :wacko:

I said $80 EXTRA for a US numbered set. The European set from Caiman cost me $50.58 including shipping. I'm listening to Disc 3 now, also (Stompin' at the Savoy). :tup:w

This is an even better bargain then! :) Do Caiman sell any other Mosaic sets at such good price? At that price I'd find it easier to trust them. Can't find their website!

This is an even better bargain then! :) Do Caiman sell any other Mosaic sets at such good price? At that price I'd find it easier to trust them. Can't find their website!

there is no website, Caiman is one of the "private" sellers on half.com and amazon.com marketplace. It seems only the Farlow set is available at this low price, the other Mosaic/Verve sets distributed through Universal are all priced as per usual.

Correction: They do have a website, but normally you only get a link to it to check the status of your order (which is totally useless as the same info is e-mailed to you anyway).

http://www.caiman.com/

They've got a cute crocodile though.

As John said, you gotta hit Amazon to see what Caiman has to offer.

Cheers!

I received my European Farlow Mosaic from Caiman today, and am thoroughly enjoying it right now.

Mine is on the way.

1 The Complete Verve Sessions (Mosaic Records) [bOX SET] [Audio CD] Farlow,Tal

Here in 7 to 15 days. Let's see if they can break their last record which sped the delivery up so it reached me 4 days later.

Cheers!

(Since this is probably a bigger box, I wonder if German customs are going to catch this one and delay things by, err, a year or two. )

I've also just received confirmation that the Farlow has now shipped.. :D

The DVDs I ordered took about 4 days to cross the 'oggin and at about £5 a shot are one heck of a deal. Worth that just to see Sun Ra and co. circa 1979 blasting away and 'calling to planet Earth' on the top of that Philly hotel.. B-)