Mosaic distributed in Europe

ASNL77

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like RonS, I'm interested why all this low price distribution on the Farlow set. Could a price war break out soon?

Jazzydaddy........after enjoying the Farlow set I had my eye on the Johnny Smith set. What is the "filler" you mention?

Hi Ted,

Perhaps I was being over critical and/or biased concerning the

Johnny Smith set.

I must say that my taste in jazz is centered on

swing/bop. When it comes to guitarists I also prefer

the sound of a horn added in the mix be it a trumpet,

trombone or sax.

That said, I did enjoy most of the Johnny Smith set

although I have only listened to it once through at this point.

However, I did find "some of" the trio material a bit sleepy;

particularily the more "pop" orinted selections. This may in part

be due to the fact that I listened to the set while driving around

in my car and therefor perhaps wasn't able to listen as closely

as I would have if I were in my living room.

If you are a big time guitar fan definitely go for it.

I guess with any set of this size it's easy to be less than

excited with some of the material.

Don

I see that Caiman have changed their policy since some people here ordered and will now no longer ship this set abroad - at least, not if you order via amazon.com, and half.com only operates in US (and Canada?). Is there another route?

Are you sure about that? Check here.

(The Amazon/Caiman link I posted previously is for their U.S. Amazon page. The above link is for their U.K. Amazon page. :tup )

Edited by Ron S

I see that Caiman have changed their policy since some people here ordered and will now no longer ship this set abroad - at least, not if you order via amazon.com, and half.com only operates in US (and Canada?). Is there another route?

(The Amazon/Caiman link I posted previously is for their U.S. Amazon page. The above link is for their U.K. Amazon page. :tup )

the amazon US price is much better, 50 dollars vs. 50 pounds! Check the other private sellers on amazon.com, for a few dollars more, they may be shipping overseas. The 60 dollar price of amazon.com itself isn't bad either.

the amazon US price is much better, 50 dollars vs. 50 pounds! Check the other private sellers on amazon.com, for a few dollars more, they may be shipping overseas. The 60 dollar price of amazon.com itself isn't bad either.

Thanks guys - yes I noticed you can link to caiman on amazon.co.uk but as couw says the price is not right! I may go the other route... I'm waiting for the Jazztet to leak out this way (damn I'm tight fisted...).

Thanks guys - yes I noticed you can link to caiman on amazon.co.uk but as couw says the price is not right! I may go the other route... I'm waiting for the Jazztet to leak out this way (damn I'm tight fisted...).

David, I'm tight fisted too - let me know where you go for these. John

:tup willco

Knowing me I'll get nowhere fast!

:tup willco

Knowing me I'll get nowhere fast!

Also, CD Universe (which ships internationally) has it here for $62.09, and is saying that it usually ships in 1-2 days.

I did see Caiman has the Jazztet and the Eldridge, but at very high prices (worse than the source). Not sure about Jazztet, but given the size of the run (and the fact they are both Verve only), I suspect that the Eldridge will eventually be marketed similarly to the Farlow, so give it six months to a year.

I did see Caiman has the Jazztet and the Eldridge, but at very high prices (worse than the source). Not sure about Jazztet, but given the size of the run (and the fact they are both Verve only), I suspect that the Eldridge will eventually be marketed similarly to the Farlow, so give it six months to a year.

I think you're probably right.

Got in on this deal and it's great except that my box came with a defective Disc 6 (hope nobody else has this problem). Now I have to ship the whole thing back to Caiman and hope I get a replacement box. Tried to get just a replacement Disc 6 from both Caiman or Mosaic but it didn't work out. I hope Caiman comes through for me with the replacement box. :angry::(

Edited by JohnT