Mosaic distributed in Europe

ASNL77

I must admit, I'll only believe this one for sure when I see it standing on my doorstep.

quote:

"Never, in the history of Mosaics, were so many black boxes dispatched far and wide to so many for so few dollars"

Winston.

:lol::lol:

I feel the same way...

There's this nagging little thought that they will have sold all the sets out and only discover this when it's time to send MY set... :ph34r:

But... I'll be positive instead and imaging that sweet little puppy in my hands. :g

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Caiman has raised the Farlow price again to $51.77 (STILL a great deal), and they're now showing 8 in stock here. They also have another page listing brand new sets under the "like new" category, but I think that's just a parallel listing of this one (espescially since Caiman only sells new stuff).

And BTW, others have reported just getting their Farlow sets from Caiman here.

Edited by Ron S

my Farlow set just arrived from Caiman, it took two weeks to arrive. The best part is that there is a sticker on the shrinkwrap telling me this was made in Germany. Once around the world and still dirt cheap. The "private" amazon sellers seem to have raised its price on this set to 70+ EUR BTW.

I'd been on the fence re the Farlow, but casacaiman's price roped me in.  Hope there's one left!

They're now showing NINETEEN in stock here. I guess it's been a good seller (probably thanks to this Board). :D

And just to show that I'm not pimpin' for Caiman, another Amazon Marketplace seller, Music Media, has the European Farlow Mosaic listed for almost a dollar cheaper than Caiman (with 7 in stock) here. :rolleyes:

Well caiman has confirmed my order and says they'll ship tomorrow.  Seems too good to be true, a new mosaic at less than $8 per disc including shipping!

Just keep saying over and over to yourself, "I believe! I believe! I believe! . . ." :)

Oh, and tap your heels together three times. :g

smells like mosaic, looks like mosaic, sounds like mosaic. Amazing. Received the Tal Farlow yesterday. No "made in Germany" stickers. Not as nicely packaged, no bubble packing and the box was a thinner cardboard. But Ill take my extra 80 bucks and go buy my own.

Thanks to this board and Ron S.

I have a small but growing collection.

django

chico hamilton

bud shank

tristano

tal farlow

gerald wilson

:rsmile:

No "made in Germany" stickers. Not as nicely packaged, no bubble packing and the box was a thinner cardboard.

I assume you're referring to the outer shipping packaging and box, and not the actual Mosaic set box. That should be identical to the US Mosaic box, except that it has the "B" number and not the "MD" number.

And my European Farlow Mosaic set also didn't have a "Made in Germany" sticker and was manufactured in the US (even says "Mosaic" all over it except on the box). I wonder if some of the merchants just slap the "Made in Germany" sticker on them because they're technically issued by German Universal, or if some of these sets actually are made in Germany? :blink:

I tried to buy from either Caiman or Music Media and had the message :

*** We're sorry. The item can't be shipped to your selected destination.

Canada is not that far  :(   . I read above that they ship to Germany and UK ... ??

Amazon's Canadian site has it here for CDN$70.99, but shows it shipping within 4-6 weeks. :wacko:

EDIT: Now it says shipping within 7-13 days! :tup Was it something I said??? :blink:

Edited by Ron S

Well Guys, I finally broke down and ordered the Tal Farlow "European"

Verve set today from Music Media out of Florida. For less than $8 a disc

shipped I just couldn't resist. Only $2.49 added for shipping cost???

With more than 50 Mosaic sets on my shelves and a few of Tal's individual

Verve CDs as well I was in no particular rush to grab it from Mosaic but I

figured a deal like this may not last forever so............

Thank to all who spotted this tremendous deal and sharing it with the rest of the group.

Hopefully this set doesn't have as much "filler" as the Johnny Smith set.

Don