MIA from the old BNBB

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mnytime

B000005H4K.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Have you tried posting the cover of Money Jungle or asked this Duophonic when he plans on sending the money and see what happens?

I really didn't pay attention to him over on the Blue Note but I always thought he was basically a Mobley/Lou Donaldson Blue Note Hard Bop fan. I didn't think he knew or liked Lee Konitz and Sun Ra or Dolphy for that matter.

Wasn't Aric a fan of WM or am I confusing him with that other nutcase Hardbop?

Honestly from what I remember of his posts these posts come off more coherent than normal for him.

I will admit the Lou Donaldson thread telling us about his friend and him calling Donaldson out of the blue while they where stoned and his description of it was classic and funny as hell. I can only have imagined Donaldson take on the other end. I found it amazing he stayed on the phone as long as he did with them. ;)

if you ask 50 people where to start youre going to get 50 different responses as you can already tell. For example the 1st guy named a bunch of miles davis cds. Well I say you need to get some lee konitz. thats L-e-e K-o-n-i-z. Lee Konitz live at the half note get it now

I love the fact that he tried to spell out "Konitz", but just couldn't get it. :g

I wonder what became of SHRDLU, the Hard Bop loving, tenor sax playing, apolitical Fundamentalist Baptist preacher who almost never allowed himself to be baited about his faith and beliefs in spite of some REALLY strong mockery and scorn. A very unique individual, the kind one may never meet in real-life but seems to pop up in cyberspace not infrequently. He never really came back after his wife passed. That seemed to really hit him where it hurt, as it would any of us. Hope he's doing well.

I wonder what became of SHRDLU, the Hard Bop loving, tenor sax playing, apolitical Fundamentalist Baptist preacher who almost never allowed himself to be baited about his faith and beliefs in spite of some REALLY strong mockery and scorn. A very unique individual, the kind one may never meet in real-life but seems to pop up in cyberspace not infrequently. He never really came back after his wife passed. That seemed to really hit him where it hurt, as it would any of us. Hope he's doing well.

Yeah, I wonder how he's doing? Does anybody know how to e-mail him to find out?

Aric alert: I was perusing verious reviews at the Mosaic site and noticed that Aric had chimed in, ending each effort with an invitation/plea for folks to contact him at his e-mail address. Exile must be lonely. Mind you, he can hardly be as penniless as he once claimed if he's buying as many sets as he implies.

Greetings from Oz! Thanks To John Shelton for alerting me to this board - I wasn't even aware of it, and it's nice to know Ed that someone remebers my name from the old days of BNBB. I've been to the AAJ board periodically - it's a bit slow over there, but plenty of good posts.

It's really nice to see familiar names over here - looks like the place to be.

Welcome Paul :party:

Good to see another of the the southern hemisphere contingent join the board. Lots of posters here bounce between AAJ and here. I had not seen your name on AAJ, though. Both boards have a lot to offer. See ya 'round the board.

Hi, folks! Thanks a lot for the nice comments. Hans hipped me to this board - I did not know about it.

I don't have a lot of time to post anywhere at the moment, as I have pretty much all the housework to do since my wife died last November. Coincidentally, of course, the BN board has disappeared, with no sign of its reviving yet.

I still listen to a lot of music (e.g. on the headphones when doing piles of dishes!), as it is so enjoyable. Main agenda: collecting TOCJs!

Must split for now.

P.S. I avoid the word "fundamentalist", as it has been used by the media in conection with various religious and political crackpots over the years.

Thanks again!

I am wondering about the Blue Note board. I have a Fats Waller performance of a tune called "You Stayed Away Too Long". If Blue Note does not re-open its board soon, maybe a lot of people will just be so ticked off by the delay and rules that they say "Phooey on it" and never return. Anyway, this board looks fantastic, and has most of the categories that the Blue Note board had in its prime.

Well done, B3-er! (I thought of you when the JRVG of "Back At The Chicken Shack" arrived recently. I once had an LP of that, and it's still my favorite organ album.)