Your favorite Hutcherson Blue Note?

wolff

Which Hutcherson Blue Note gets the most  

110 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I like Montara quite a bit, but if I recall it is considered a lightweight in comparison to many of the other Hutch Blue Notes. It has some really cool latin rhythms and melodies, but is perhaps a little less intense on the improvisation side of things and the compositions are less challenging(?).

I like Montara quite a bit, but if I recall it is considered a lightweight in comparison to many of the other Hutch Blue Notes. It has some really cool latin rhythms and melodies, but is perhaps a little less intense on the improvisation side of things and the compositions are less challenging(?).

Yep, that's my opinion too. I find it a bit too MOR/easy listening compared to some of the other sessions of the period (which - though all on the 'easy' side do have their harder moments). 'Montara' is very popular with DJs and has been sampled quite a bit I believe.