The guitar corner

7/4

I traded off this:

*D'ANGELICO EXCEL EXL-1DP, recent, import, Blonde, 17" cutaway with pearl border and abalone block inlays, floating pickup, near mint

plus some cash for a '52 Tele reissue this afternoon. That should fix the gear jones for now. I have a bunch of EQ I should trade or sell...

My 52' tele reissue was been sitting in it's case for the last 3 years until last week. Dusted it off, put some new strings on it, and used it at an open jam last weekend. Should of done this sooner! Great guitar which I've been ignoring for too long. Please post your thoughts on the new axe when you get a chance. :tup

It's my 2nd Tele. This afternoon I'm getting a pair of DiMarzio Virtual T or Area T to kill that hum. I love it, I had a '52 reissue on loan for a year or so. The neck p/u with a compressor is a lot of fun, the notes just pop out and it gives the tone a glassy feel. Of course, not using a compressor is great too...always wanted one of my own.

Can't beat that color...

I ended up getting a set of Fender noiseless, I'm installing them this afternoon. $99. Never did find a set of Area Ts or Noiseless Ts.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WIM OVERGAAUW

overgaauwlp.jpg

An underrated Dutch jazz guitar player. :tup

• Never heard of him.
  • He should stop smoking. Very unhealthy. :rfr
  • Even if it gives him a halo.
  • I wonder what kind of guitar that is. Hagstrom maybe?
  • Does he also wear white socks with sandals?

Edited by 7/4

326224.jpg Koa.

If anyone is interested in the Koa strat, I bought a Koa body and loaded it with neck, pickups and hardware from a 1996 USA Standard Strat with very good results that I'm actully trying to sell. I'm asking less than $700 price tag on the Korean model.

I'm pretty sure I posted pictures of it earlier in this thread.

413692.jpg

Is that a Blues Jr? Nice amp, especially if properly set-up. Greg just got his re-tubbed and biased and it screams.

Yeah, in lacquered tweed. This model hits the streets this Summer. I don't need another amp, but this is sweet.

326224.jpg Koa.

If anyone is interested in the Koa strat, I bought a Koa body and loaded it with neck, pickups and hardware from a 1996 USA Standard Strat with very good results that I'm actully trying to sell. I'm asking less than $700 price tag on the Korean model.

I'm pretty sure I posted pictures of it earlier in this thread.

If the neck is relatively thin without being too narrow, I'm interested.

I have a bunch of amps already. I even have a early '70s Princeton.

That's cool. They've modernized this reissue while retaining all the good things about the original. Tweaks include:

• Onboard overdrive and compression (The compression is quite nice and the overdrive is not half bad either).
  • A "trans-impedance power attenuator" which allows you to take advantage of full tube overdrive at lower volume levels.
  • Headphone jack.
  • Speaker output jack.
  • FX loop and four-button footswitch.

I have a bunch of amps already. I even have a early '70s Princeton.

That's cool. They've modernized this reissue while retaining all the good things about the original. Tweaks include:

• Onboard overdrive and compression (The compression is quite nice and the overdrive is not half bad either).
  • A "trans-impedance power attenuator" which allows you to take advantage of full tube overdrive at lower volume levels.
  • Headphone jack.
  • Speaker output jack.
  • FX loop and four-button footswitch.

For years the Princeton was my main practice amp. Around 2001, I added a 12" ported cabinet, then I replaced (but did not sell) the Princeton with a Univalve that has a bunch of those features. Lately I've been using a '67 Silverface Bassman with a THD attenuator to keep the volume down...like I said, I have a bunch of amps.

What I really need in the amp dept., is an open cab with one or two 12"s. I was gigging with the ported cabinet and people were complaining about getting beamed. They should have moved to the side but I should be more responsible and get a cab that isn't going to bludgeon the folks sitting up front.