7/4

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

374800.jpg

The originals were nice in Korina natural. With few exceptions, pointy guitars don't do too much for me. Here's a neat one...

474638.jpg

I have a late-70's era Gibson Explorer (my main axe). Of course the body style is basically the same but it's a natural wood grain finish. It has a Floyd Rose locking Tremolo system and was modified (not by me) with active electronic EMG pickups. The action on the thing is amazing, one of the easiest guitars I've ever played. I've had if for about 10 years now and haven't felt the urge to buy a different guitar.

This picture is pretty close to the one I have (except for the pickups and locking system).

06.jpg

Edited by Shawn

01.jpgGibson Moderne, The Moderne (80's "re-issue")

The original '50's model may have never existed off of paper and the 80's version is gaining value. I always thought they looked very cool.

Edited by 7/4

I have a late-70's era Gibson Explorer (my main axe). Of course the body style is basically the same but it's a natural wood grain finish. It has a Floyd Rose locking Tremolo system and was modified (not by me) with active electronic EMG pickups. The action on the thing is amazing, one of the easiest guitars I've ever played. I've had if for about 10 years now and haven't felt the urge to buy a different guitar.

This picture is pretty close to the one I have (except for the pickups and locking system).

Nice. I have an '85-'86 Ibanez Roadstar with a Floyd Rose, nice when it would stay in tune. It hasn't been out of the case in years. I should check it out and see how it's doing these days. I find locking tuners a lot more dependable.

Just like this, except I swapped out all the pickups. ibanez_col.jpg

and like mine, it was probably powder blue, then aged into this green thing.