The guitar corner

7/4

Weren't you having problems with that D'Angelico?

Yeah.

#1 (headstock damage) was the one I returned, the replacement (warped fingerboard problems) for that one was traded in for the '52 Tele. This second one (was double shipped to me, they never sent a call tag to return it), got a new tailpiece after the original tore in half. :ph34r:

Phew!

I like it now. I'd like to replace the p/up with a humbucker.

Edited by 7/4

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The fretboard of one of my guitars:

ji_mugshot_big.jpg

Can you tell us more about this fretboard? Interesting...

It's fretted for intervals from the harmonic series, a system known as Just Intonation. Since it's not tuned to 12 tone equal temperament, it would also be called microtonal. It's just one of an infinite number of possibilities for this tuning system.

The fretboard of one of my guitars:

ji_mugshot_big.jpg

Can you tell us more about this fretboard? Interesting...

It's fretted for intervals from the harmonic series, a system known as Just Intonation. Since it's not tuned to 12 tone equal temperament, it would also be called microtonal. It's just one of an infinite number of possibilities for this tuning system.

You're a much smarter man than I, I couldn't even tell you what key I'm playing in half the time when using alternate tunings. :lol:

You're a much smarter man than I, I couldn't even tell you what key I'm playing in half the time when using alternate tunings. :lol:

It's a lot to remember. I have much delayed plans for another design with less notes to the octave and straight frets that will make it more flexible in the modulation dept. Maybe I'll get it made by the end of the year.

I remember back when Geddy Lee played a Steinberger bass...I couldn't stand the look of those things, to me they were part and parcel with everything I didn't like about the 80's music scene, studio production, etc.

I'll take one of these instead...

682039.JPG

Here's another interesting axe (sorry for the blurry picture). Doug Pinnick with his custom Yamaha 12-String bass (he also has 9 & 12 String versions by Hamer and ESP).

doug912002.jpg

These things can't be easy to play.

Edited by Shawn

Holdsworth used to use a synth controller called a SynthAxe. Apparently he wrote a tune (I forgot which) where the guitar was in some sort of special tuning, maybe it was tuned in fifths. And one tour, he was playing this on a green double neck Steinberger with one neck in the special tuning.

Anyways...enough about Steinbergers for now...

Anyone played one of these "Blackout" Telecasters?

I saw one in Manny's when I was in NYC a few weeks back, but everyone seems to be on backorder now. They're MIM and selling for $500.

534412jpg.jpg

I've been in the market for something in this price range. Also been looking at Epiphone Les Pauls.

Too many choices!

I remember back when Geddy Lee played a Steinberger bass...I couldn't stand the look of those things, to me they were part and parcel with everything I didn't like about the 80's music scene, studio production, etc.

I'll take one of these instead...

682039.JPG

Close to the Edge. :lol:

I saw one in Manny's when I was in NYC a few weeks back, but everyone seems to be on backorder now. They're MIM and selling for $500.

534412jpg.jpg

I've been in the market for something in this price range. Also been looking at Epiphone Les Pauls.

Too many choices!

Didn't you start a discussion about this guitar in this thread, last week? :blink:

I say, hey! I like it.

Here's another interesting axe (sorry for the blurry picture). Doug Pinnick with his custom Yamaha 12-String bass (he also has 9 & 12 String versions by Hamer and ESP).

http://www.12stringbass.com/doug912002.jpg

These things can't be easy to play.

They might be headstock heavy with all those tuners!

John Entwistle (the Who) and the guy from Cheap Trick played them. I tried one once, it reminded me of playing rhythm guitar. Interesting...perfect for rock.

Too many choices!

Didn't you start a discussion about this guitar in this thread, last week? :blink:

I say, hey! I like it.

Whoa! Yes, I did.

Ya know..............the mind is the first thing to go. In my case it's not even the first, but that's another story.

Well, feel free to ignore this post (I would).