The guitar corner

7/4

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

AB, how do you feel about ASAT/Teles with an F hole?

I like the ASATs with F-holes. Last fall, I traded for a ASAT Classic semi-hollow with f-hole. The guitar is really nice. It's a lively guitar. I haven't tried it at high volume, so I don't know how it will do with feedback.

I tried a G&L Blues Boy a few years ago and could have gotten a wholesale price on it.

Dumb move too.

Doh!

Buffalo Bros prices seem to be about 62% of list price. They usually have a decent selection.

The credit card situation was tight at the time. That's life.

My G&Ls:

ASAT Classic Signature (1991)

ASAT Classic Semi-hollowbody

ASAT Z2

Comanche

S-500

I have a pair of S-500s. The microtonal one is cobalt blue and the fretless is a real nice cherry burst.

But I lust for a Tele/ASAT...

Ron, as an interediate player, I have found the two books I mentioned on THIS THREAD to be the most helpful.

I've tried several others and the most common problem is big gaps in lessons.

Lesson one: chord theory and fingerings

Lesson two: 12 bar blues with jazz substitutions

Lesson three: Utilizing the Hungarian minor in place of the Locrian mode when soloing over the iii dim, vi minor7, ix maj 11 jaba jaba jaba... :wacko:

I wish my G&L's were here, I'd post pictures of them. :(

Sorry to hear that! :o

I'll have a photo of my fretless later. Too much sunlight causes problems with my el-cheapo digital camera.

That would be great.

I do have three of my Telecasters here. I'll shoot a photo of them soon (just to get you in the Telecaster mood). :g

Ron, what level player are you?

Total beginner, intermediate, touring professional? ;)

Somewhere between virtuoso and legend. :P

But when I'm not indulging in psychotic fantasy, somewhere near beginner. I played (badly) as a kid, but haven't touched it in over 30 years. So if I call myself a beginner, I'll feel better about my progress. :rolleyes:

Lesson three: Utilizing the Hungarian minor in place of the Locrian mode when soloing over the iii dim, vi minor7, ix maj 11 jaba jaba jaba...  :wacko:

Yeah, this is the lesson where I got screwed up the last time I tried to learn.

Now, how many strings are there again? :blink:

Lesson three: Utilizing the Hungarian minor in place of the Locrian mode when soloing over the iii dim, vi minor7, ix maj 11 jaba jaba jaba...  :wacko:

Yeah, this is the lesson where I got screwed up the last time I tried to learn.

Now, how many strings are there again? :blink:

six but on strange days, seven or eight.

As promised, one of my G&L S-500.

Cool! It must be a kick to play that neck. :tup

Beautiful guitar!

It's fun but neglected. I haven't played it in about a year, but it will be getting more attention soon.

Today I'm playing a Fender Deluxe (active) Jazz bass I got very cheap last year. $350, no doubt less than 1/2 the going resale price.

All in my accord with my New Years resolution to play more guitar this year! :party::party::party:

It's fun but neglected. I haven't played it in about a year, but it will be getting more attention soon.

Today I'm playing a Fender Deluxe (active) Jazz bass I got very cheap last year. $350, no doubt less than 1/2 the going resale price.

All in my accord with my New Years resolution to play more guitar this year! :party::party::party:

That's a great resolution!

How do you get such great deals? You must have some good friends. :tup

All in my accord with my New Years resolution to play more guitar this year!  :party:  :party:  :party:

That's a great resolution!

How do you get such great deals? You must have some good friends. :tup

It averages out.

A friend of mine left it here 7/2000 and I played for a week or so then I started jonesing for the fretless bass and bought the Music Man bass. A year later he took it back.

Last year he sold it to me because he needed money for legal fees. I was about to say $450 and before he said $400, $350 so I said OK.

Sounds unfriend like, but I wear rubbers.

Now I notice that batteries don't last too long in this Fender bass like they do in the Music Man. So..........back to the Music Man.