The guitar corner

7/4

Here's my little family.

1 Epiphone Les Paul Standard with Honey burst finish - put original pickups back in last night. (Not sure why)

2 Danelectro DC59 reissue in Limo Black

3 Epiphone Broadway with Vintage Sunburst finish

4 Fender American Standard Strat in black

5 Custom made hardtail Strat with 3 color sunburst finish, Seymour Duncan classic stack pickups, Squire neck

As you can see I prefer rosewood fingerboards and either sunburst or black finishes

Nice guitars! I like your choices, you're covering the different bases nicely.

I like hardtail strats too. I don't have one right now, but I did in the past, and it was a great guitar.

I think I know why the original pickups went back in your Les Paul... ;) Have fun!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I still have it. ^_^  The thing about that guitar is that it's very sensitive to environmental conditions, so the neck is constantly going in and out, depending on humidity. It's like having a really hot but very high maintenence girlfriend. When it's good, it's really good, but it takes a lot of work to get it there.

I've been wondering why you haven't been playing it recently. I remember you saying something about the neck.

Talk to my pops... he is the cigar master and can hook you up with a good humidifier system that will keep the guitar where it needs to be.

You better bring that bad-boy.... ahem... bad-girl to the sessions!!! I love the sound of it.

It's a Cort M800. It's a step above the M600 that I posted earlier. Obviously it is a semihollow body. It received rave reviews from Guitar Player and was chosen as the "Editor's Choice"

I got to thinking about that PRS soapbar and really the only thing it had going over the Corts was the name and that cool bridge / tailpiece combo. It didn't have the carved top like a "real" PRS and the Corts do.

I got it for less than the PRS as well. It lists for $850 but I got mine on Ebay for just under $500. It's a new guitar from a dealer who will accept it back if I'm not totally satisfied.

Wow... beautiful guitars. You have very good taste.  :tup

I stopped playing and seeing them sitting there got me depressed. So on ebay they went. Lefty models too. The X-500 blond one I sold to someone that is playing it backwards. Restringed the guitar for a righty. Go figure.

The Aartist Award model was the best sounding guitar I ever heard. It sang when you played it. The tone was so wonderful.

Edited by Hardbopjazz

I stopped playing and seeing them sitting there got me depressed. So on ebay they went. Lefty models too. The X-500 blond one I sold to someone that is playing it backwards. Restringed the guitar for a righty. Go figure.

The Aartist Award model was the best sounding guitar I ever heard. It sang when you played it. The tone was so wonderful.

That's really weird, a righty playing a left-handed guitar upside now. Now I've seen it all.

Do you plan on getting back into guitar, Tom?

That's really weird, a righty playing a left-handed guitar upside now. Now I've seen it all.

Do you plan on getting back into guitar, Tom?

I still have a Fender Tele. I kept saying I am going to play it. But if I get back into it, I would buy a Heritage. They sound real nice, and the price is good.

I also had a Gibson Charlie Christian model, the one with the 3 screws on the body. It was a good 52 years old when I sold it. It was so beat up from me playing it, as well as the prior owner and the owner before the prior owner and the owner before that. I really believe the sound gets better from years of constant playing.

I don't know if there is any truth to that with guitars, but I once spoke to a violinist that said this about volins.

I found an image of one, except for the pickup and this one having a pick guard it looks exactly the same.

Edited by Hardbopjazz

I know I like the sound of old guitars. I think there is a difference between new ones. That Christian guitar must have been cool.

I'm glad you kept your Tele. I haven't played in a group in about 5 years, but I couldn't imagine not playing at all.

Those Heritages are nice. I'm not in love with their headstock, but I could live with it, since their used prices are quite reasonable.

I really believe the sound gets better from years of constant playing.

I don't know if there is any truth to that with guitars, but I once spoke to a violinist that said this about volins.

It's true. My Martin sounds much better than when I first got it And it sounded great then! :wub:

Shawn's is a really nice guitar, I know from first hand experience (and he plays very well, don't let him tell you differently!)

I'm very jealous looking at these guitars. I've only had three guitars in my life: a 1976 Martin D18, a late sixties Gibson SG (mahogany finish) and now an Ovation Breadwinner as below (not mine, but mine is just like this). . . .

f3_12_sb.JPG

It's an okay guitar, I like to play a little blues with it. . . needs some work, and I have a cheap Marshall amp I HATE . . . if I had a tube amp I'd play more. . . but I can't justify it!