The guitar corner

7/4

If at first you don't succeed... read the directions!!

Last night I didn't fool around too much with the coil tap on the new Cort. But this morning I realized it just didn't seem right. When I installed the pickups I wired them to the pull pot switch like the stock pickups were wired, ASSUMING the pickups were wired the same. Well, you know what they say about assuming...

So I dug out the old wiring diagrams for my pickups and found the correct way to wire them to a pull pot switch and... Gee, imagine that... it works.

Now this guitar is SWEET. One of the points people made in the reviews I read was that the coil split sound was not too good. Well, with these pickups it IS good. If I could only keep ONE guitar, it would be this one.

This would really be an ideal guitar for the stage. Such easy access to a variety of sounds from a lightweight, well balanced guitar that the CHICKS would dig!

(Sound like Cort should hire me to sell these things doesn't it?, Sorry.)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If at first you don't succeed... read the directions!!

Last night I didn't fool around too much with the coil tap on the new Cort. But this morning I realized it just didn't seem right. When I installed the pickups I wired them to the pull pot switch like the stock pickups were wired, ASSUMING the pickups were wired the same. Well, you know what they say about assuming...

So I dug out the old wiring diagrams for my pickups and found the correct way to wire them to a pull pot switch and... Gee, imagine that... it works.

Now this guitar is SWEET. One of the points people made in the reviews I read was that the coil split sound was not too good. Well, with these pickups it IS good. If I could only keep ONE guitar, it would be this one.

This would really be an ideal guitar for the stage. Such easy access to a variety of sounds from a lightweight, well balanced guitar that the CHICKS would dig!

(Sound like Cort should hire me to sell these things doesn't it?, Sorry.)

:lol:

They should hire you! I'm now interested in those guitars myself. :g

I hope you can post a picture of it soon. :tup

The trip also killed the G.A.S. I've had lately for a G&L ASAT. We went to Guitar Center also I didn see any ASATs in either store. :g

I'm glad you had a good time. :tup

I like that SX guitar that looks like a melted Jazzmaster. I don't think I'd buy one, but it's pretty wild.

I haven't been to Rondo, but Guitar Center always cures me of G.A.S. (gear/guitar acquisition syndrome). I always leave with more appreciation for what I have... It's weird, but true. :g

I haven't been to Rondo, but Guitar Center always cures me of G.A.S. (gear/guitar acquisition syndrome). I always leave with more appreciation for what I have... It's weird, but true. :g

Guitar Center was insanely Saturday afternoon noisy.

We checked out a '76 Fender P Bass fretless maple neck. It was OK, I'm not sure it's worth $1500. And I'm not too interested in a bass with a maple neck.

I haven't been to Rondo, but Guitar Center always cures me of G.A.S. (gear/guitar acquisition syndrome). I always leave with more appreciation for what I have... It's weird, but true.  :g

We checked out a '76 Fender P Bass fretless maple neck. It was OK, I'm not sure it's worth $1500. And I'm not too interested in a bass with a maple neck.

I bet it was headache inducing. :ph34r:

I remember 70's Fenders being considered as total dogs. Now, the prices are shooting up. I'd rather just buy a made in Mexico knock-off than a real 70's Fender. At least the neck pockets will be tight and the thing won't break your back weightwise. :P

I haven't been to Rondo, but Guitar Center always cures me of G.A.S. (gear/guitar acquisition syndrome). I always leave with more appreciation for what I have... It's weird, but true.  :g

I bet it was headache inducing. :ph34r:

I remember 70's Fenders being considered as total dogs. Now, the prices are shooting up. I'd rather just buy a made in Mexico knock-off than a real 70's Fender. At least the neck pockets will be tight and the thing won't break your back weightwise. :P

I'd rather buy a G&L!

The G.A.S. you guys have must be contagious. I received this Agile Cool Cat yesterday and I'm already thinking about which jazz box I can get next. :wacko: Thanks to you freaks, I've been looking on line at Corts, Ibanez Artcores, . . . . So many guitars, so little time. :blink:

Well, as much as I know (which isn't much), great! I'm just getting back into guitar after about 30 years, and really hadn't gotten very far when I was a kid. But it sounds great and has nice action out of the box. I'm going to change the strings and may do a little bit of set up myself, or I may just do the rational thing and take it to a luthier. But it's a beautiful guitar with a lot of nice detail and, for $250, is a fantastic deal. I called Rondo before I ordered it, and they told me that they only have a few left, and won't be getting more in until the summer.

Well, as much as I know (which isn't much), great! I'm just getting back into guitar after about 30 years, and really hadn't gotten very far when I was a kid. But it sounds great and has nice action out of the box. I'm going to change the strings and may do a little bit of set up myself, or I may just do the rational thing and take it to a luthier. But it's a beautiful guitar with a lot of nice detail and, for $250, is a fantastic deal. I called Rondo before I ordered it, and they told me that they only have a few left, and won't be getting more in until the summer.

Enjoy! I wish I would of thought of Rondo before I bought the Epiphone (1st post in this thread.).

Well, as much as I know (which isn't much), great!  I'm just getting back into guitar after about 30 years, and really hadn't gotten very far when I was a kid.  But it sounds great and has nice action out of the box.  I'm going to change the strings and may do a little bit of set up myself, or I may just do the rational thing and take it to a luthier.  But it's a beautiful guitar with a lot of nice detail and, for $250, is a fantastic deal.  I called Rondo before I ordered it, and they told me that they only have a few left, and won't be getting more in until the summer.

Enjoy! I wish I would of thought of Rondo before I bought the Epiphone (1st post in this thread.).

Dammit! Now I have to look at Epiphones also! :angry:

Well, as much as I know (which isn't much), great!  I'm just getting back into guitar after about 30 years, and really hadn't gotten very far when I was a kid.  But it sounds great and has nice action out of the box.  I'm going to change the strings and may do a little bit of set up myself, or I may just do the rational thing and take it to a luthier.  But it's a beautiful guitar with a lot of nice detail and, for $250, is a fantastic deal.  I called Rondo before I ordered it, and they told me that they only have a few left, and won't be getting more in until the summer.

Dammit! Now I have to look at Epiphones also! :angry:

Sorry 'bout that.

The one I bought could use a bit of work. It's missing the pickguard, but I don't miss it. Maybe new pickups, but there's no rush buy them. Cheap. Used. It's the only guitar I've played here for any extended length of time, besides my Music Man bass (which is getting some action this evening, more than I've had in a while). :lol:

which is getting some action this evening, more than I've had in a while

You must be married. :g

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

That's what I was going to say! :lol:

I like the new Cool Cat avatar, Ron. I'm glad you're happy with your guitar. :tup

Marriage, and especially kids--surest way to kill your sex life. :wacko: