The guitar corner

7/4

Speaking of modifying and refinishing and soldering guitars, this is what the FedEx tracking site currently says about the Agile Cool Cat I ordered from Rondo Music thanks to Jeff :tup  :tup  :tup :  "On FedEx vehicle for delivery."  :excited:

I really hope you like it, Ron!

:tup

Well, if I don't, there's a certain pugnacious feline Trekkie in the Sacramento vicinity who's going to have a slightly used Korean jazz box to do his business in (it's gonna take his owner a long time to get the litter in and out of those "F" holes).

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Actually, Rondo music has a really good return policy. The guy who runs the place, Kurt, is really cool.

Hey, Cat Shatner is now toilet trained, so he'll have no use for the Cool Cat-box. :P:lol:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've already discussed this with Jeff in PM's, but I'd be interested in other people's perspectives on this (if they're not too busy soldering at the moment :rolleyes: ): Do you use tablature, real sheet music, or both? And for a beginner--or REbeginner--such as myself, who intends to play mostly jazz, would you recommend learning to use tablature, real sheet music, or both in the beginning?

I think being able to read is a plus.

So do you learn new stuff mostly from sheet music? or from tabs? or by ear?

I primarily play my own non-jazz music in public, but I've been playing tunes from fake books for fun.

I never was any good at learning jazz off recordings. Rock, yes. Jazz, no.

I had a couple of teachers when I first started out (from age 8 to about 14) who had me reading off and on. But then I got into rock, playing in basement bands. No one reads in those situations. I started doing some more reading in the late 90's; real book tunes, Bach, a couple of broadway-type shows, and stuff out of various instructional books. I'm not a sight reader by any means, I just take little bits and memorize them quickly. I've learned lots of solos and tunes by ear also. Everyone learns differently. You should just do what comes naturally and feels good. B-)

I got the new Cort set up last night and it is playing and sounding FINE!

I put my other pickups in (My best soldering job in a while. I was going to post pictures but my wife took the camara on her trip to grandma's)

Very versatile guitar!

My Epiphone Les Paul is definitely for sale. I'm not sure Ebay is the way to go. There's about a million Epiphone Les Pauls listed. Any suggestions on selling it?

I got the new Cort set up last night and it is playing and sounding FINE!

I put my other pickups in (My best soldering job in a while. I was going to post pictures but my wife took the camara on her trip to grandma's)

Very versatile guitar!

My Epiphone Les Paul is definitely for sale. I'm not sure Ebay is the way to go. There's about a million Epiphone Les Pauls listed. Any suggestions on selling it?

Do you have any local papers that specialize in classified ads? There's one in Southern California called the Recycler, that I used to use often. I don't know about your area, though.

There's a site called craigslist that's good for selling stuff, but I don't know if it covers where you live. If you have that for your area, you could try that...

I'm glad you're happy with the Cort! :tup