Can This Be?

Morganized

Is that Lon ("Chazzbo" :lol: ) that bid $205???

edit - and I don't understand something...why was the first guy upping his bid against himself? And why does bidding jump from $500 to $2000 in one step?? Am I missing something?

Edited by Aggie87

edit - and I don't understand something...why was the first guy upping his bid against himself? And why does bidding jump from $500 to $2000 in one step?? Am I missing something?

Probably the first guy was just curious about the amount of the reserve :D

Yes ... in a reserve auction, bidders often bid "against" themselves because they're trying to determine what the reserve is. Same way, if someone bid $500 and then another bid $2000, which happened to be the reserve, that's where the price "jumps" to. Had the reserve been $2000.01, then the bid would have only been at an increment over $500.

That's a problem with ebay's system: it seems to me, in reserve auctions, bids should show at the maximum bid, up to the reserve. If I bid $500, and someone else bids $750, and the reserve is $800, why should the "high" bid be $505? It should be $750, and "Reserve Not Met" and now you know that the reserve is up there, somewhere above $750. Beyond the reserve, than the usual bid display rules should apply.

Are we sure this is an original? That font on the address on the record label looks like a font I've seen on Japanese Blue Note reissues...

Anyone? Buehler? :w

But I could be wrong, as I'm only just learning about BN vinyl...

I know the seller, I think it's an original pressing strongly wished by an original japanese guy.

Can someone explain to me these two statements:

"The fidelity is superb,with no intrusive distortion, pops, clicks,or background noise of any kind."

and

"This copy is unplayed!"

:wacko:

Not even that great of a date in my book. I do know that Tome Evered once told us that Jutta's records have always sold well in Japan.

Well, it's a collectible. You can't just go to the store to buy one of these - though you can get a "copy" for much cheaper.

You don't think Bird's sax (at the recent auction or whatever) is really worth $250,000 (or whatever)? You can buy a sax to play for much less... ^_^

Ray,

The Bird sax is a different story. Parker touched and played that horn (and probably pawned it a few times). The Hipp side is just another lp no matter how good shape its in. I could understand if it was that test pressing of Chico Hamilton's South Pcific with Dolphy, which may be the only one in existence.

I would guess that years from now when this guy, as they say, "moves to Vermont", his family will take the lp to a dealer and tell him that dad paid five grand for it and the dealer will say "cool, ill give you $20 for it".