Rooster's official "BFT #25" sign-up thread

Rooster_Ties

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a few more PM's with sign-ups (yeah!!), and I'll update the master list late tonight.

Still room for more sign-ups!!! (Where's Jim Sangry??? :huh: )

And actually, there probably will be for about 5-7 days more (though you can always ask even later).

I'm planning to mail out the distributors' discs to Europe this Monday (day after tomorrow), and also the U.S. distributors on Monday too (or maybe Tuesday. at the very latest). Everybody else will get mailed Wed-Fri -- with the non U.S. people taking priority (so hopefully all of them on Wednesday) My goal is to get everything mailed by Friday, at the very latest (knock on wood).

-- Rooster T.

OK, finally, here's a draft list (40 total -- last updated Sunday morning)...

Unless I've missed anybody, the following are all the people have signed up for my BFT.

I hope to have the first set of discs sent out on Monday (to the distributors), and maybe some of the packages that have other CD's in them too (my "Pay It Forward" freebies). Next wave to follow shortly after that (a few days later, by the end of the week at the very latest).

NOTE: As these distribution lists get longer (particularly the U.S. ones), I will take a few other people up on their offer to burn and distribute, and reduce the lengths of the distribution lists (meaning I'll start one or two new distribution lists). But what you see below has yet to reflect this. Maybe yet late tonight (or tomorrow night for sure).

Europe

-- sidewinder (UK) - can help distribute

1. tooter (UK)

2. Clunky (UK)

3. Gary (UK)

-- Tom Storer (France) - can help distribute

1. brownie (France)

2. couw (Germany) - already has the Shaw date

3. mikeweil (Germany)

4. tjobbe (Germany)

-- Eloe Omoe (Italy) - can help distribute (note to self: got info by e-mail, not PM)

1. king ubu (Switzerland)

2. Durium (Netherlands)

3. EKE BBB (Spain)

4. mmilovan (Serbia&Montenegro)

fent99 (UK) * - will send from KC-USA

tjobbe (Germany) * - will send from KC-USA

U.S.

-- Jim Dye (TN) - can help distribute

1. catesta (AZ)

2. RDK (CA)

3. alejo (WA)

4. Peter Johnson (WA)

5. Adam (CA)

6. Jazzmoose (CA)

7. gslade (OR)

-- MartyJazz (FL) - can help distribute, lives close to Dan Gould

1. Dan Gould (FL) - already has Shaw date, lives close to MartyJazz (hand deliver from MartyJazz)

2. Bright Moments (FL)

3. John B (VT)

4. .:.impossible (RI)

5. Stefan Wood (DC)

6. Hardbopjazz (NY)

7. Man with the Golden Arm (MA)

8. Kreilly (NJ)

Jeff B, a.k.a. AfricaBrass (CA) * - will send from KC

Tom in RI (RI) * - will send from KC

Parkertown (CO) * - will send from KC

jazzbo (TX) * - will send from KC

cool_blue (NY) * - will send from KC

Free For All (KC) - hand deliver

Eric (KC) - hand deliver (probably * too, too many PM's to check through this late at night)

Anybody else from KC want one??

(FYI, Spontoonious helped me road-test a bunch of my cuts over the last month or so, so he can't play. In fact, several of the cuts came from CD's he loaned to me as well - thanks Joe!!!)

Canada

Nate Dorward (ON) - can help distribute to Canada

-- Anyone else from Canada interested??

Asia

indigo (Taiwan) - can help distribute to Asia

-- Anyone else from Asia interested??

Other

marcoliv (Brasil)

-- Anyone else from Other interested?? ;)

*People I owe free (legit) discs to, from the "Pay It Forward" thread, so I'll be sending them the BFT materials direct.

Hey hook me up Rooster. Or somebody else, can you send me a burn. I didn't recognize much off 24 and I couldn't find the time to complete a thorough listen. Was too busy preparing to present Kurt Rosenwinkel at my school. Putting on a show like that is HARD WORK. But sooooo gratifying.

matt

P.S. - PM sent

It's definitely NOT too late for more sign-ups. I'll update the master-list in a bit, or first thing tomorrow.

The discs to the non-U.S. distributors go out tomorrow (hopefully), and then the U.S. distributors' discs go out on Tuesday.

Anyone can sign up any time, and I would say there's really a full 5-7 days more that people could get signed-up, and still get in on the action before all that much discussion has gone on.

Will update things later tonight, or first thing tomorrow.

Quick update. Been a busy, crazy week. I've got 15+ sets of discs burned, and several more left to go (it takes my machine about 40 minutes to burn each set of 4 discs, about 10 minutes a disc), and the 15 are ready to go in the mail ASAP.

I've received perhaps another dozen sign-up requests since the first of the week, and have yet to update the master list. Will do so quickly, but am trying to get things mailed as my first priority.

Will update things, including the full list of participants, and updated distribution lists for the U.S., by the end of the day tomorrow.

I have generally not replied to individual PM requests for my BFT, in the interest of not clogging up my PM box (which is always about 90% full). But rest assured, if you sent a PM, you will be on the list (and the list will fully reflect this for the latest dozen of you, ASAP).

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a little update that I posted yesterday afternoon.

The bulk of my BFT discs will go out by the middle of next week.

Hi gang,

Been busier than you could ever imagine, working on the details for our neighborhood's first ever Historic Homes and Gardens Tour -- and actually, we're calling it an "Eclectic" Homes and Gardens Tour. B-)

(BTW, AfricaBrass did the poster for our tour (Thanks Jeff!!!!), and I'm THRILLED with the results.)

I'm on the governing board of our neighborhood association, and since the whole event was my idea -- I found myself in charge of it. ( :o )  The tour is only about 4 weeks from now, and I've been up to my neck in work for the event, for about the last week or so especially.

I've been sending out my BFT discs this week, as I've had the chance to -- and haven't had much time to read the board, or post any.

I should have things a bit better under control by early next week.  Part of the push was for some key deadlines that we had to get to at the end of this week, plus I'm planning to be out of town this weekend - which added an extra crunch to the timeline.

My apologies for not checking in for several days (I see it's been more like a week), and I hope to have all my BFT discs done and in the mail by the middle of next week.  Most of them are burned (80 discs total!! -- and my PC takes about 10 or 12 minutes per burn -- yikes!!!), and I just need to find time to package the rest of them up, and address all the envelopes, and get to the post office.

I'll check back in when I can, but I'll definitely be out of pocket this Fri-Sun, in St. Louis visiting my Dad.

Cheers!!!

(Posted HERE originally.)

Edited by Rooster_Ties

I thought we'd tacitly agreed to keep silent about it.

B-)

huh? you got it, too? now I *am* confused! no problem to spread it, but it was actually considered to be a little thank you for those who helped burning and mailing my BFT - glad everybody likes it, though! I wanted to have "Reflections" on my BFT, but for time reasons I had to cut it.

now back on topic, willya! <_<

Most of the mailings are all packaged up (about 2/3rds of them), and I just need to fill out the customs forms (for the overseas ones, anyway), and get to the post office. Had hoped to do that today, but I've spent all my time working on this homes tour event that I'm in charge of -- which has consumed way more of my time over the last two weeks than I'd ever expected.

I should be able to get to the post office on Saturday (knock on wood).

I'm terribly sorry for the delay, everyone -- the timing of things just hasn't gone anything like I was hoping.

Edited by Rooster_Ties