I'm Out Of Here.....

You can do it yourself!  :D

Last time we moved we packed/loaded everything and drove two big 19' Ryder trucks as well as two cars.

On the other hand, I got to watch the guys carry my stuff up 15 steps outside to get to the front door, and then another 12 steps once they were inside.

It was worth it. :lol:

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

House went on the market yesterday, today was the "agents preview" and we had 28 different real estate agents show up. Our open house is Saturday. Wednesday offers are due and we start picking and choosing. I tell ya, there's nothing like the Bay Area housing market... :blink:

My advice, like many before me. Sell everything you can live with out. It saved us big money.

Fortunately for us, most of our furniture is so old, even if we wanted to keep it, it would be pointless. We're looking forward to getting new stuff to go with the new house. (We've even got a nibble on this stoopid modular sofa thingie... :crazy: )

Looks like we'll be in the new place before Halloween!

• 1 month later...

Time to borrow your thread one last time, Catesta! I'll be packing the computer today, and won't be back on line until the movers get it to the new house, it's hooked up, etc.

Remember: wellwishes will be pointless, as I won't see them until I'm already there! (Wait a minute; wasn't that a line on a Firesign Theater album???)

See y'all soon...

Time to borrow your thread one last time, Catesta!  I'll be packing the computer today, and won't be back on line until the movers get it to the new house, it's hooked up, etc.

Remember:  wellwishes will be pointless, as I won't see them until I'm already there!  (Wait a minute; wasn't that a line on a Firesign Theater album???)

See y'all soon...

I was just thinking about your pending move lastnight. I wasn't sure if you guys were still going ahead or waiting. I guess the move is on.

Whether you see it now or later, I'm still going to wish you the very best.

Drive safe!

:tup:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, man...it's not the travel, it's getting your damned computer back on line! They don't tell you that if you're moving to the middle of nowhere that you have to wait until they find enough suckers to fill the truck before your stuff ships. I've been here for about two weeks; the moving van didn't show up until today. I'm still working on getting the DSL up and running; I'm on the back-up dial-up bit right now, so this is going to be hit-and-run; hopefully I'll be back full time tomorrow or soon. But I do have to read about Trane Fanatic's rat before I sign off!! :lol: